“DON'T.GO.HERE.EVER!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I am absolutely appalled with my "dinning"experience. When we walked through the door with our two young children, a mange dog came running out of the kitchen and started licking my child face, and jumping around so we started of with our hands smelling like dog. And I know its country but I wasn't expecting Podunk country. Our meal: Luke warm water, no ice, soup-$12 for "butternut squash", weird, nice big bowl...half full; good bread but spicy; stuffed quail $27 served with 5 pieces of rustic veggies, butterflied with the neck hanging there and a tsp of a black sauce on it ...looked like it was ran over by a truck; butternut squash gnocchi $23- 8 pieces the size.of a quater...tasty but not worth the price. The service: dog-was put out twice by owner and I put it out once while we were "eating" then scratched at the door for 20 min;and also when the dog was in, it kept dragged it's butt across the floor. waiter-poor service, not professional, did not know what was in the food and I was told "she will never tell you what's in the soup." Brought out water that smelled like dirty water that my wife gagged and spit out, un-sanitary; the chef-when I complained about the food she got upset and told me that she did not enjoy having us there, I'm assuming because we have kids that were a little fussy, even my 5yr old daughter asked if we could go someplace else. The worse part, I paid $87.37 for a terrible terrible experience. They did not even offer to take anything off the bill. The cook, and I use that term lightly, in not so many words told me to get out. So give it a go if you don't believe a dinning experience could be this bad but you would daft to.

5  Thank SaraO607

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We found this restaurant with a flyer at our hotel , and we didn't checked Tripadvisor before going .. big error.
We are European and when we saw the restaurant It was like in Europe , pretty location , small but I think the owner should stop to own a restaurant. She is a good cook , but the service , the way you read the menu , the price are really terrible.
We arrived and asked if it was possible to eat : 3 adults and 3 little kids . Instead of telling us : No you cannot eat there , which we would have understood as we didn't had a reservation, they said yes. Weird because it is obvious they don't like kids.

We had really bad look when the kids started to play with their dog, then inside the restaurant my daughter touch a little bit something they sell ( a pot of jam) the owner told her in a really bad way to not touch , once again i understand , but you can say it in a gentler way instead of making cry a 6 years old girl . So we try to keep the kids really quiet and ended to bring them in the field in front of the restaurant . Definitely don't bring any kids there .

In addition the owner/ waiter is awful with service , he doesn't remember what he needs to do , he forgot water ( which had a really bad taste ) , he asked us 2 or 3 times to go out because they needed space inside , then we had to go back inside to try to read the menu.

Once we ordered it took a long long time to get the food , and the pasta I asked for the kids arrived last.
We felt really oppressed and uncomfortable eating there ( and the owner told us that we had good kids .. I cannot imagine when they are not good) .

Finally the check ; 130$ for 2 stews , 1 (only one) ravioli , 1 small pasta , 1 glass of wine and 2 beers.
The prices are so ridiculous .. they would claim it's all organic and local , but it doesn't justify this price , 24 $ for 1 ravioli ! Even in Tuscany it's cheaper.
I am all for organic , slow food , local farm , and I was happy to go there but the quality of food is not all.

After that we ate twice at the Mirbeau Inn in Skaneatless , and it was really really good , Kids are welcomed , It is a nice restaurant with wine glasses , white tableclothe etc .. But I felt great to eat there with our kids and the price were cheaper.

4  Thank 4Suns
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We had been wanting to try Niles Gourmet Bistro after reading many great reviews. We called to see about a reservation and Eric welcomed us warmly. After a beautiful drive in the countryside we arrived at a rustic log cabin that Eric built himself.
This is not your ordinary restaurant with a staff of chefs and waitstaff rushing around getting food to you quickly. It's more like going to a friends house. Every meal is cooked individually by Sandi and the food is marvelous. We had time to enjoy some wine and meet our fellow diners. The food was fresh locally sourced and brilliantly prepared.
If you have time and enjoy unique delicious food prepared with love try Niles. You won't be sorry.

2  Thank happylovesfood
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Returned here after a great lunch experience in April. Friendly owners invited us in with no reservations. Great service and food. We enjoyed speaking with both owners about a variety of topics. We recommended this restaurant to many people. Unfortunatly after a couple of friends bad experiences we decided to return ourselves for dinner. From the minute we walked in we knew we were in for an"experience ". Unfortunatly the entire evening was a disaster. Undercooked food, server despite being the owner-knew nothing about what he was served. When we asked to move inside because it had gotten chilly, we were told " I don't think that's a good idea" despite being the only diners. We were not given a desert option as the chef/owner had left. Never ever again. Too bad as the place could be great. We have never been treated so poorly in a restaurant.

4  Thank hch1776
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Niles Gourmet is a true Foodie Paradise! Worth every mile, worth every dollar. You WILL NOT find a comparable restaurant in the Finger Lakes. Sandie and Eric have been doing the whole "farm to table" thing well before the concept became popular. Simply put, they just know good food and care about where it comes from. The couple's quest for the best is obviously their constant adventure, to find the finest quality ingredients they can put on YOUR table. And ultimately Sandie's love of cooking is evident in every morsel. Down to earth and welcoming hosts, they will explore the menu with you to help you decide exactly what you want to order, explaining the ingredients, their origins and why it's the best they could find for you. The ever changing, hand-written chalkboard menu is just a highlight of what arrives on your plate (she'd have to write a novel to cover the true array of ingredients she uses, especially in her salads!). To sit at their table is truly a special experience. So do yourself a favor, JUST GO!