“Very good in parts”

'Bout Time Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montour Falls
'Bout Time Bed & Breakfast
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Very good in parts”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

On arrival we had a little difficulty finding the B&B as the only sign outside was a for sale sign.
However Becky James welcomed us and showed us to our room.- The Seneca room. It was clean and had a balcony with a lovely view of the lake in the distance. The bed was very comfortable to sleep in but my wife had difficulty getting in it as it was so high. She used a small pouffe to stand on to get in the bed. The en suite facilities consisted of a cupboard about 3 foot by 6 foot with a toilet and shower. When sitting on the toilet my knees touched the door. There was a small wash basin in the bed room.
On the positive side the dining room and lounge were lovely and the breakfast was super- different hot dishes every morning, fruit and cold pastries and lots of beverages. The swimming pool was also really good. .

Room Tip: I don't know what the other rooms were like but I would not want the Seneca room because of the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Webster, New York
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a great place to stay. Located about 10 minutes from downtown Watkins Glen, so don't worry about the city name Montour, NY. Bob and Becky do a great job making guests feel welcome. Bob even drove the 4 of us to the Wildflower Cafe in downtown Watkins Glen for dinner then picekd us up again when we were done - a nice thing to do for guests who have been wine tasting all day.

The accomodations are great. Very clean and well appointed. Breakfast is served buffet style which is actually preferred since some B&B's load up plates without knowing your preferences. The food was great, and the evening we checked in they asked us for preferences which were accomodated nicely.

The view of Seneca Lake is fantastic. Bob and Becky take special care to make sure your stay is enjoyable. While Bob was picking us up at the Wildflower Cafe, Becky started a fire in the livingroom fireplace so it was burning quite nicely when we arrived.

Great place to stay!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Seneca roomw hich had a great view of the lake, a large 4 post bed, and a sitting a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The owners Bob and Becky were amazing people to meet. They have a very warm welcoming feeling and that started off our visit on the right footing.

Secondly, if you're into staying at a more warm historical-like bread and breakfast location then this is the place. The bedroom we stayed in was charming and very clean. Oh, did I mention no bedbugs? They have old art and photographs hung up, a nice dining area for breakfast time as well. They even gave us a brief history about the surroundings an the best places to visit in terms of activity. And they are literally about 2 to 5 minutes from Watkins State Park.

Thirdly, the breakfast was great. I'm vegetarian so they catered to my needs as I am very limited with the type I food I intake.

We're planning on going back to the Watkins State Park Gorge and we'll be looking at nowhere else but there.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I are High Performance Driving Instructors and have been staying at 'Bout Time B&B for several years now when we come to Watkins Glen and couldn't be happier. We travel with our two Border Collies, so finding a place to stay near the track that allows dogs is next to impossible. A racing friend recommended 'Bout Time and now we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. Since we stay here three to four times a year, we have come to think of it as a second home and Bob and Becky are like family. Becky gets up at the crack of dawn to cook us an incredible breakfast and since we are working at the track, it is not the usual breakfast time. She has never once complained about this and we are forever grateful! The home itself is a lovely old mansion with a sort of shabby chic vibe--don't expect everything to be shiny and new or high end toiletries in the bathrooms; it's just not that kind of place. Bob and Becky are constantly updating things and it's fun to arrive in the spring and see what they've done over the winter. I have to admit that I feel a pang of jealousy when I see other guests who are there to simply enjoy being in Watkins Glen and all of the amenities that 'Bout Time has to offer!

Room Tip: The room in the back of the house has the largest bathroom and the most space--great for us when tra...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Everything was very clean and quaint. Becky is an absolute sweetheart and an amazing cook. Each room has its own bathroom. The bathroom was spotless, and the towels were fresh and clean. Bed was an extremely good nights sleep. Sheets smelled great! I also brought my dog who got to play with their very friendly dog. Overall, a highly recommended place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012
Dunkirk, Maryland
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I purchased a three night stay for my parents for their 50th wedding anniversary at 'Bout Time Bed and Breakfast. Becky was wonderful on the phone helping me make the arrangements. They send a generous packet of infomation about the area and a beautifully printed certificate for my parents. I also purchased a 6 hour limo ride to the wineries from the owner Bob. He was so kind to send me, via my cell phone, pictures of my parents enjoying themseleves at the different wineries. My parents said that the breakfast was delicious and plentiful. I hope to visit for myself someday. Thank you Becky and Bob for making it a memorable and enjoyable stay for my parents.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Bob and Becky are both great people. Becky's breakfasts are to die for. All we have been talking about since we left was the breakfast. The hot tub was awesome. Bob took us on a wine tour and he knew all about the wineries. I would definitely recommend you use Bobs towncar service. Bob is a great guy with a lot of great stories. They have dogs there but we never heard them barking, and they are friendly(and fun to play with)..

We give this place an A++++

We will defintely be back!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 17 in Watkins Glen
Gorgeous View Motel
Gorgeous View Motel
#2 of 9 in Watkins Glen

Been to 'Bout Time Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!