“Can't Wait to Return!”

'Bout Time Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montour Falls
'Bout Time Bed & Breakfast
Central NY
“Can't Wait to Return!”
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I was a Travel RN at the local hospital and Bob and Becky took care of me as if I were family!
The room was perfect! I worked nights and could easily darken the room sufficiently with the dark maroon drapes. I slept all day and never heard a sound from the owner section of the home. Bobby and Jolie (their children, teen and early 20's) are respectful, pleasant and fun to have around.
The hot tub, all I can say is....Ahhhhhhhh!!!! Crystal clear and meticulously maintained!
The pool. - More of the same!
Bob - well, all I can say is that I felt completely looked after, protected and cared for. Bob was very attentive and was always ready to be of service in any way possible.
Becky - the best hostess! Wonderful breakfasts! Great conversations. I am looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: My favorite room was the one in the back.
Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Mermidwife

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 12, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed in Bob and Becky's B and B over the weekend and had a wonderful time! We have absolutely no complaints. The room was spacious and our bed was very comfortable. Our room also had a nice balcony! Everything was clean and well kept.

The best part of this stay was the breakfast! Becky made us homemade delicious items each morning. On the first day we enjoyed stuffed french toast and a puff pastry filled with scrambled eggs, ham, and cheese. There was also fresh fruit, coffee, tea, and orange juice. On the second day, Becky made us eggs benedict (my favorite!) and blackberry waffles. We left the dining room each morning stuffed to the brim!

The B & B is very close to various waterfalls and hiking trails. It is only a 5 minute car ride into the town of Watkins Glen. Next time we visit Seneca lake, we will be sure to stay here again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Sylvan Beach, New York
Reviewed April 4, 2011

If you ever need a place to relax, sleep and have a GREAT meal, THIS IS THE PLACE! My husband and I have stayed at the 'Bout Time BnB at least 3 years running. We go to Montour Falls to the Fireman's Academy for a weekend conference and ALWAYS look forward to our visit with Becky and Bob. They are absolutely the best.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
Reviewed April 1, 2011

My husband and I are regular guests of 'Bout Time Bed & Breakfast. We stay here every time we visit Watkins Glen, Ithaca, & the Finger Lakes and would highly recommend it to everyone! Becky and Bob are wonderful and gracious hosts; they are warm, friendly and very accommodating. The bed and breakfast and the grounds are beautiful and well kept. The pool, hot tub and Town Car service that Bob provides are excellent amenities. The breakfast that Becky prepares every morning is absolutely outstanding! She is an excellent chef and baker. We would highly recommend that you request her signature stuffed french toast when you stay - it is our favorite! This is the perfect place to stay whether for business or leisure!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Elmira, New York
Reviewed April 1, 2011

The hospitality at this one was off the hook great! Bob and Becky really know how to welcome their guests and make their stay not only just comfortable, but fun and luxourious as well. When we walked in we were immediately taken with the gorgeous structure of the house. After chatting with the both of them, they lead us upstairs where there are plenty of immaculate, inviting bedrooms to choose from. We chose the big one with a king sized bed, which we had trouble getting out of in the morning because it was soooooo comfy! Once we finally did wake up, Becky insisted on cooking us breakfast even though it was a little late :) Let me just say that if you like great food, you will not be disappointed! It was FABULOUS! Bob and Becky are wonderful people too! I've never felt so welcomed before!

Room Tip: They are all great! Most have private baths!
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We've stayed at many B&Bs before and typically love the experience but our stay at the Bout Time B&B got a little tricky.

While I can't say anything bad about Becky - her cooking is absolutely delicious and she's definitely a nice lady ...there's too much to say about Bob who makes you feel uneasy and a little apprehensive.

When going in the winter, especially re-consider staying at this B&B since they do not clear their driveways. On our 2nd night, we got stuck driving into the parking lot of the B&B. We were about 15 steps away from the house so instead of just calling, we came in. Bob & Becky didn't seem to be around so we gave them a call...and that's when we heard an earful. Bob was screaming angrily and calling us names - bieng completely rude and unnecessarily harsh. All we needed was help getting the car into the parking lot which should have been cleared to begin with!

Becky's "apology" for Bob was that he was angry and sometimes people say bad things out of anger. Why was Bob so angry? Were we not guests that paid? Did we call late? (We called at 8pm)

This experience completely ruined our view of the B&B and we will never return!

Furthermore, while we love pets, the B&B clearly stated that the pets from the home remain in a separate area ....my friends staying next door got a surprise visit from the B&B's owners dog who ventured upstairs to their room!

I loved Gunny (their dog) but its not appropriate to have the dogs run loose.

All in all here's the pro and con summary:

Pros:
Great Location
Good breakfast
Nice Hot Tub

Cons:
BOB JAMES - rude and fake
Bad Service
Dogs run around house (in case you are allergic, this is a big no no)
Rooms a bit old
Bathrooms are tiny (no tub in room)
All rooms are on 2nd floor (in case you have trouble walking up)
The owners are really loud and have 2 children so if you are in the common room trying to relax - you hear screaming and laughing from the owner family

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank nybabe1122
Trenton, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We stayed three nights in the room with the postage size bathroom and made out just fine considering that I am a very overweight woman. We loved having our own deck that looked out front . I am a light sleeper and with the floor fan going for white noise slept like a baby. We have traveled and stayed in many b and b's and would gladly come back here when in the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
#1 of 17 in Watkins Glen
Gorgeous View Motel
Gorgeous View Motel
#2 of 9 in Watkins Glen

Been to 'Bout Time Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!