All reviews watkins glen the owner finger lakes walking distance beds were comfortable whirlpool tub his wife juice quiet area pre packaged danish coffee and tea new carpet small refrigerator would stay again minute drive seneca lake mike
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

This motel is within walking distance of the falls and downtown Montour Falls. The room had a small refrigerator and a whirlpool bath tub (for one and we didnt use) and the room was clean. The gentleman who ran it could not have been nicer. The furnishings were outdated but the bed was not uncomfortable. I felt the room was a little over priced but didn't compare it to anything else in the area.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OhioMeisje
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

Mike did a great job of accommodating. Very pleasant to deal with. Even offered to upgrade our room when he had a cancellation at a greatly reduced rate. Room was clean and looked great. Internet worked flawless. Even members in the community spoke well of Mike. Would highly recommend and would stay here again!!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2018

Since the Falls Motel has "Motel" in its name, I wasn't expecting the Hilton. However, this was kind of akin to a place you'd spend $80 on (which I wouldn't book). The staff we met while there were very nice and professional, but may not realize the place could be so much more inviting. At first glance at the room I was impressed by the nice-looking bathroom floor (it turned out to be dark wood plank-design laminate). As someone else stated, all the furniture was really old and dated. The part that really skeeved me out was that it smelled musty and dirty, and featured floral polyester bedspreads (which I usually try to avoid). Those bedspreads always remind me of the '80s and the news shows they used to run where they'd turn on a blacklight and show you all the bodily fluids all over hotel rooms. They could easily update the rooms by pulling out the smelly carpeting and replacing it with the same nice-looking laminate, and update the beds by getting rid of the cheap, chintzy bedspreads and making the beds up with white sheet-blanket-white sheet like a lot of other places are doing these days. It would just make the place appear cleaner. Hopefully they're saving up everyone's $150 per night to make some improvements.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a hillside view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2018

We spent the day in Watkins Glen State Park and spent the night in this motel. Parked right next to the room, went inside and was extremely happy with the room and relaxed on the comfortable bed. The bathroom was huge and the shower was high pressure and hot. Had cable tv with loaded with channels. Short walk to a few other waterfalls. The continental breakfast was just enough and the had plenty of Folgers coffee. A bit noisy at times with other people walking in the upper rooms but slept fine.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

This place was recomend to me by a friend that regularly visits the glen as a driver. He know I like out of the way and quiet. I called and made a last minute reservation as this was a last minute weekend getaway. When I arrived I was told that they would not accept my papered german shepherd dog because when I called I did not tell them that I was traveling with a service dog. I explained that they were violating federal law and the female behind the desk said "we only allow dogs in 1 room". I told her again that she could not refuse me a room and she replied..."yes, I can". I told her that I would be filing a report with the state of NY and the federal government under the Americans with disabilities act. She had no response. I left and found another place closer to town without any questions asked. I mentioned my experience at the falls and the woman at the desk responded...."yea they are like that. Not pleasant."
So visit at your own risk.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo