“Beautiful place”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Montour Falls
Binghamton, New York
“Beautiful place”
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

We loved it because its near 2 waterfalls which we walked to. the rooms were clean and large. the restaurant next door was beautiful. it had a waterfall inside it. we'd stay here again. We had a great time here. The staff was helpful. The continental breakfast wasn't much but the coffee was good.

• Stayed May 2012
7 Thank laurahollenbeck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

We were traveling to the finger lakes area and did not have reservations for accommodations. Loved that this hotel did not charge higher rates on the weekend. The rooms are quite large and very clean. The continental breakfast was just a roll and coffee, but the value of the room off set the small breakfast. The owners are very nice and helpful. We has dinner at the restaurant next door and it was reasonably priced and quite good. All in all a great stay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Larfjr
Reviewed October 9, 2012

You don't need to venture far for sightseeing, as the hotel's location is near the town's falls and very close to Watkins Glen. While we were there, the fall colors were appearing on trees, which made for a great experience. The rooms were clean but beware that they give only 1 set of towels per person. (So if you have 3 people staying in the room, bring an extra set of towels...) The restaurant is right next to the hotel and can get busy on the weekends. Great that you can walk from your room straight to dinner next door. Hotel offers an unadvertised grab-and-go breakfast in the office area, with packaged pastries, fruit, coffee, tea and juice.

Room Tip: The rooms facing, and on, the office side are bigger than the rooms facing the main road.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hannibal12
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The Falls Motel is an excellent choice among lower cost hotels in the Watkins Glen area. The place is relatively new and modern. The location is quiet and minutes from the center of Watkins Glen. The rooms have all the basic needs (free WiFi included) and are very clean and tidy. A nice restaurant/lounge is right next door. I'll definitely stay here again during my next visit to the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank John K
Cromwell, Connecticut
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We had booked The Falls Motel for 2 nights as we were going to be in the area for my dad's birthday celebration. Of course it happened to fall on the w/e that colleges were re-opening so all area hotels were booked...as it turned out, my father-in-law ended up falling and was hospitalized - I called as a courtesy to let them know we may not be coming in until really late if at all as he was not doing well and the dr. didn't think he would make it throught the night. All they were concerned with was "re-selling our room" and insisted I needed to send them an email stating it was ok to sell the room. Even after I explained that I didn't want them to sell the room b/c if he awoke and things looked ok - we would be coming to town or if he passed then I would be travelling while the rest of the family stayed back (I had the cake and gifts for my dad's bday!) . I was in tears as my f-i-l lay there possibly dying and all they were concerned about was rebooking the room and getting their money...Even though my husband told them to charge us for the rooms even though it didn't look like we would make it - they called back insisting we send an email - I yelled at them saying we were in the hospital holding vigil by my f-i-l's bedside...I was NOT sending an email! They then called to let me know they cancelled both nights we had booked. My f-i-l ended up passing away the following day. Their business ethic leaves a lot to be desired - as does their compassion! I will NEVER book there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank KPinCT
Chicopee
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed at this motel for the first time, from July 13, 2012 to July 15, 2012. The rooms were of generous size and very clean. The owner, Mike, and his wife, were very helpful and anxious to please. Location perfect if visiting the Watkins Glen area--very convenient location. Mike recommended a breakfast spot that was close by and turned out to be an excellent choice. We were in town for a family wedding at Watkins Glen State Park and this was an excellent choice for being close enough to the park. The weekend we visited happened to be the same weekend as the Finger Lakes Wine Festival. We did not attend this festival but noted frequent availability of van transportation to the area of the festival, from the motel. Great job, Mike and family!

Room Tip: We keep folding chairs in the trunk of our car, and did use them to sit outside of our room, at vari...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank snabu
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We recently stayed at the Falls Motel during July 4th week. The rooms were quite large, very clean and neat, and the king size bed was comfortable. Every morning, in the office, there was fresh coffee, fruit, danishes, etc. The owners were very nice and helpful with anything we needed. There is a great restaurant right next door, The Falls Lounge, which we highly recommend you go to. The food was fabulous, the atmosphere was inviting, and the owners were a pleasure to speak with. The location of this motel was perfect for visiting the wineries around Seneca Lake and Cayuga. The town of Watkins Glen was just up the road. So you were close enough to town, but far enough to get away from the noise. Being we brought up our motorcycles, it was also centrally located for all the places we wanted to ride and see. And if you are a race fan, the Watkins Glen Racetrack is only a short 10 minute ride. I would highly recommend this location,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
#6 of 17 in Watkins Glen
Cook Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Cook Mansion Bed & Breakfast
#2 of 4 in Montour Falls

Been to The Falls Motel? Share your experiences!