“Wedding weekend close to home”
Review of Rosemary's Legacy

Rosemary's Legacy
Rosemary's Legacy
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Montour Falls
Fingerlakes NY
“Wedding weekend close to home”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed with friends at Rosemary's Legacy from June 7 - June 9, 2013. It felt like we were in our own family's home, and it was a perfect classically beautiful backdrop for wedding preparations and photography. John went out of his way to make sure that we felt at home, and was gracious in allowing many family members in and out on this day. We were married and had our reception within walking distance to the home, and it was a total pleasure. Breakfasts are delicious and plentiful, and the attention to detail is unsurpassed. I have never felt so utterly relaxed and cared for as I did on this weekend, and we plan to make weekends at Rosemary's a family tradition. If you want to relax and be comfortable, this is where you should stay without a doubt! We did not take advantage of the free tastings and tours (we are local to the area!) instead, we locked ourselves in and felt like we were miles away from home. Take advantage of this wonderful opportunity and it will be your home away from home

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank martycat607

Rochester, New York
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a 2nd Anniversary trip to the Finger Lakes. After doing some research, we found this little gem, Rosemary's Legacy. In a nutshell, this place is a huge WOW!

The owner, John, worked with us to plan a most perfect weekend. John made us feel welcomed from the time we arrived until we hugged him good-bye as we left.

Because my husband is interested in cooking, we decided to do the "Cook with the Chef" package. Before we arrived, John worked with us to choose a menu that my husband would learn how to cook. John shared his best culinary skills with my husband... John patiently taught my husband how to prepare a gourmet five-course meal fit for a king! We couldn't have been more delighted! The two of them began preparing the meal the day before we actually ate. The morning of our meal, they worked on more food prep after which John taught my husband how to set a formal table for two.

John also recommended a limo service which we booked for a 6-hour wine tasting tour around the lake. It was wonderful! Our driver stressed that he gave a wine TOUR and that after our time with him, we would have a good feel for some of the key wineries around the lake. He succeeded! For two people who seldom drink, we ended up purchasing a total of five cases of wine which we are now enjoying at home.

After the wine tour, John and my husband did some last minute meal prepping. Then John instructed us to sit at the table while he served us the fruits of their labor - one of the most delectable meals I can remember ever eating.

Now about the B&B... the house was John's family home. After his parents passed away, John & his wife opened the home as a B&B. It is incredible! The beautiful home is packed with knick knacks from an era gone by - so much nostalgia in one home! We found the house to be extremely comfortable. (The water pressure was amazing - I didn't want to get out of the shower!)

And the breakfasts that John prepared for us each morning were out of this world. He pushed way past traditional B&B style muffins and omelets! Everything about the food was simply perfect.

What more can I say? John is a wonderful host, a knowledgeable area guide, and just a plan ol' good man!

We will definitely make Rosemary's Legacy our 'go to' place for every trip we make to the Finger Lakes! This B&B is a very special, one-of-a-kind oasis!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Suslew
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Have you ever dreamed of having a private chef? Well, "Table for Two" is your opportunity to have that fantasy fulfilled for one night! We found the link for Table for Two on the website of Magnolia Place, a bed and breakfast on Seneca Lake. John Pulos and his wife, Maryalice, use the kitchen of Magnolia Place to prepare a dinner that he customizes with your input. The meal that John prepared for us was outstanding. We started out with sauteed scallops that were amazingly tender! Next came a very unique preparation of grilled hearts of romaine. An intermezzo of cantaloupe sorbet was perfectly refreshing! I had lamb chops dijon and my husband had jerked pork tenderloin, both outstanding! Bananas foster for dessert was an excellent rendition (and we have been lucky enough to have the original at Brennan's in New Orleans!)! John and Maryalice are a wonderful couple and enhanced this amazing meal with their gracious service and conversation. We were lucky enough to have dinner served on the deck overlooking Seneca Lake. Don't miss out on this wonderful opportunity if you are in the Seneca Lake area; having John cook for us was a highlight of our trip!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kat1110
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We come to the finger lakes every year. I came across this B&B last year while trying to look for places to stay around the Watkins Glen area but ended up staying at another place. However, this year's trip I remembered about this place that I came across and decided to look through their packages. My fiance and I picked the "Distill This" package. I cannot express in words how wonderful it was! We were looking for a relaxing night to kick start our vacation and John & MaryAlice made that happen. John is wonderful to work with. He plans everything out with you so that when you arrive, everything is taken care of. We received a cheese platter, 5 course meal using all the liquor we had sampled at the distillery, and breakfast in the morning! He sets a gorgeous table for dinner and breakfast and really makes you feel at home - just without having to cook or do the clean up! John even poured for us at the Finger Lakes Distillery, provided us with a tour and a free bottle of whiskey! They are wonderful hosts! John noticed we has bikes and a canoe with us. He recommended bike paths for us and even told places to go with our canoe. The main streets of Montour Falls are within walking distance and Watkins Glen is a very short drive. John seems to know everything there is to do and the places to go. If you are looking for a romantic getaway- I highly suggest this place! Even if you are looking for a nice, relaxing place with great hosts and wonderful food- this is your place! I recommend this place for everyone! We will return!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank troublesomejlo
Clay, New York
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I recently experienced "Table for Two" for our 30th Wedding anniversary while staying at the Magnolia Place, which is an awesome place to stay. The entire experience was more than we ever expected. John and MaryAlice are the most wonderful hosts. Our beautiful table was set up on the porch over looking the lake. The dinner was devine and we lucked out on having a beautiful evening and sunset. We have had some memorable Anniversary dinners, and this is one of them. Thank you so much for a wonderful dinner to share with the love of my life. Paul & Robin Richer, Clay, NY.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rlricher
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I got married in the Watkins Glen this past weekend and me, my husband, and our bridal party all stayed at Rosemary's Legacy. I have to say, this was a mecca of peacefulness during that crazy weekend. The weekend was super hot and the pool was the greatest asset to the house. All of my cousins and my husband's cousins stopped by for a quick dip during our time there. The house is unique and full of a lifetime of mementos and knickknacks. It’s defiantly like staying in your grandmother's house. One of the members of our bridal party is really into antiquing and probable took 100-200 pictures of stuff around the house to post on Instagram. John, the owner, is super friendly and accommodating. I was initially a little nervous that the owners were going to be strict because we were a house of young adults and can be a bit noisy sometimes, but there were no problems. John comes in during the day for keeping up maintenance, which was actually quite nice. And he doesn't skimp out on breakfast either, delicious! Overall, a great place to stay, and thanks for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Miriam_I1
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We have had the good fortune of enjoying the services of Table for Two on the deck of Magnolia Place three times now. As we all know, a great experience is rarely replicated. Not so with our experience with Table for Two. Much to my surprise, each time becomes better. John and MaryAlice are wonderful hosts, knowing exactly the proper amount of friendly, relaxing conversation, but not in anyway being intrusive or interfering with one's meal. The table is tastefully set and the atmosphere on the deck is wonderful. The food ranged from at worst very good, to at best superb. My hobby and passion is fine dining experiences and we've been lucky enough to eat at many great restaurants. However, one of my absolute favorites has been enjoying the ambience and evening created by Table for Two, just for us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Montour Falls
Gorgeous View Motel
Gorgeous View Motel
#2 of 9 in Watkins Glen

Been to Rosemary's Legacy? Share your experiences!