“Stay here if you have no other choice.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn at Monticello

Inn at Monticello
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Monticello
Houston, Texas
“Stay here if you have no other choice.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

Location. The town of monticello is the slums of upstate new York.
Service. The people at the front desk are hard to get a hold of u can just ring the bell knowbody is going to come to the counter. I did request a refrigerator and they brought me on.
Rooms The beds were lumpy and seam like they have a slope to them. The pillows were thin. Rooms were stinky. At least they didn't have bugs. If I had to stays in monticello I would stay there again, but if I can avoid this town I would

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Haverhill, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Please do not waste your time here. Stayed here for a few days and needed to go to the hospital. I had bed bug bites. This was the only hotel I had been at. When I told them where I was staying, they told me that there are also bed bugs there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Monticello hotels

Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

The worst place ever! First room we entered, battery in fire/smoke detector beeping; had to move to other room. Rooms were dirty and smelly. One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. Do not book a room. I agree that the place should be condemned. If it hadn't been so late when we checked in, we would have found another place. I can't even give this a one "Dot" rating.

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lele s
Saint Albans
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

By time I got around to reading the other reviews it was too late to cancel my reservation, so I went bravely on my trip and well prepared for what I was going to encounter, no one could have prepared me for what I saw in this hotel it was the worst place I've ever laid my head. This hotel should be condem by the Health Department, the towels were dirty and dingy, bathroom was clogged you could'nt take a shower and the water was cold, the room was so cold I had to put a towel under the door to keep the room warm, the bed looked like it was'nt change in weeks I could'nt wait to get out. Do not stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Read reviews before you book there are helpful.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mousey-13
Saratoga NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

DO not go to the Monticello Econo lodge under an circumstances. Period.
Overpriced, bad area, crumbling and dirty, and noisy.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
troy ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

Ok ive camped out, slept in tents, and lean-tos. This hotel was by far the worst accomodations i have ever experienced. Ill start off by saying the smell of the room was horrible and the bed did not have clean sheets on it. The TV is from 1989 and came in fuzzy every channel. Remote for tv was broken. Wi-fi did not work. It rained and we woke up to the ceiling leakkng and ruining a dress and a pair of shorts with its rotten old wood smell and stains. The room doesnt have an alarm clock or a coffee pot. Waited for 10 minutes for someone to check us in and we rang the bell several times for assistace. The place needs to be painted at a minimum and they need a health and buildig inspection asap. Totally dissatisfied. Pool not open in july Would not recommend to anybody.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shannonm1234
Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

The hotel is located just a few minutes from monticello raceway and only a short drive to Bethel woods center for the arts music venue. The staff was great, and there is food and a bar right across the street! Great place to stay !

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monticello
BEST WESTERN Monticello
#1 of 3 in Liberty
Days Inn Wurtsboro
Days Inn Wurtsboro
#1 of 1 in Wurtsboro

Been to Inn at Monticello? Share your experiences!