“Best Western - Monticello, NY”

Best Western Monticello
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Monticello
“Best Western - Monticello, NY”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Clean and no hassles. Very quiet the night we stayed there. Room was clean, comfortable and we had a jet tub - which we didn't use. AM breakfast was fine. Check in and out went quick and was efficient. Worth staying at if in the area, versus going to the hotels downtown.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 2, 2013

First things first, there are very few options around so you're likely going to wind up at the Best Western if you happen to be traveling to the area. And that's not all that terrible. The beds are horizontal, the showers have hot water, the folks at the front desk were very kind.

They have a breakfast, pretty basic. Cereal, waffle maker, bitter coffee. Still, edible and free.

Just think the whole place could use a little TLC. Granted, a full renovation would be ideal but in the meantime, someone could go through each room and just neaten things up. Like a wall plate. Really easy thing to do and all it takes is about $0.29 and a screwdriver. In the case of my room, one didn't even need a new wall plate, it was actually there just about halfway along the power chord as it was not screwed in. Speaking of screwing things in, the shower head probably shouldn't be so mobile. Tightening that down will help prevent issues in the long run.

Oh, careful with the switches in the bathroom area. The one that seems quite obviously the light switch is actually for the jets in the tub. Yes, this place has tubs with jets. Something I would consider leaving out should a renovation ever start. Anyway, you will know you've hit the wrong switch when a) the light does not come on and/or b) the loud, awful, grinding noise of dry jets erupts from the bathroom.

Walls were thin. I spent 2 nights listening to what I thought was my neighbors TV. When I called about it on the 3rd night, I found out no one was staying in any room near me. So the noise of the TV was traveling a good distance, thru walls. The eventually found the culprit so see, the folks who work here are really nice.

It far from the worst place I've ever stayed and I was grateful for a comfortable bed and hot shower. I added a picture of the room which I took only because I found the room unusually large. When the girl at the front desk was helping track down the TV offender, she mentioned that I had the best room in the hotel. So there you go.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Monticello, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Had a problem with rooms at our original destination and found Best Western in the area. I called the 1 800 number and was helped to find a room quickly for a better price than was stated on the web site. She also set me up to receive points for my Best Western Stays. The hotel was very clean had a pool and a very equipped exercise room. the continental breakfast had a variety of food including hot waffles. Great place to stay. Al staff were friendly and helpful

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

West Stockbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Like Mark P said in his review the young girl at the front desk seemed annoyed when I checked in. I think it was toward the end of her shift so she did'nt want to deal with me. Other than that I had a pleasant stay. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. I will stay here again when I come through next year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Cookeville, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The girl at the front desk was not very friendly. I was needing some help with the Business Center and she acted like I was annoying her and just wanted me out of her hair. I had a few problems with the Business Center & the printer and she acted very hateful towards me when I would ask for assistance. Very unprofessional.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Mark P

Travelers are raving about these Monticello hotels

bennington vt
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is a pleasant hotel with friendly, helpful staff. The bed comforters are covered with white sheet covers that are clean and fresh for every guest. I would stay here just for that feature! There is also a mini refrigerator in the room. The complimentary full breakfast includes all the typical foods, eggs, waffles, yogurt, fruit, toast, etc. It is.... It is nothing terrific but quite sufficient to get your day started without taking the time to go out to a restaurant. Staff has always been friendly and responsive to any needs. I have stayed here several times. Their weak point is the bathrooms are tiny with small counters. I stayed at the Marriott once which has similar rooms but no breakfast and is a bit more money. So, I choose the best western when I'm in town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
United States
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The hotel wasn't bad it was clean the staff was very nice. The breakfast was okay but could use a few more choices. There is a casino rack track 2 mins across the street if your looking for some entertainment to enjoy in the evening.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monticello
Ramada Rock Hill at Sullivan Center
Days Inn Liberty
Days Inn Liberty
#1 of 3 in Liberty
Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center

Been to Best Western Monticello? Share your experiences!