“Not too bad”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Monticello
Seattle
“Not too bad”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Having stayed in a large number of relatively inexpensive hotels in the past few years, I can say "average" really is the word here. Very typical in terms of room, breakfast, service, location, and so on. The biggest negative is definitely the cigarette smell, and the baffling mix of smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor. My kids were holding their shirts over their noses when we first walked down the hall. So shame on Best Western for still putting up with any smoking at all in their hotels. It's truly repellant. Biggest positive was the breakfast was well staffed, and even though the hotel was totally full, they kept everyone's plates full. My kids also enjoyed the indoor pool on several occasions. This was a big improvement over some of the less expensive places we stayed at up the road in Liberty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Letterkenny, Ireland
Reviewed June 23, 2013

As walk in guests we were made very welcome and the lady on the desk was very accommodating and gave us a great rate for the size of the room we were in! the rooms are spacious and well equipped and the beds were surprisingly comfortable. we made use of the swimming pool and our daughter had a blast. Breakfast was the usual hotel continental style but i have to say the self serve waffle iron and pre mixed batter was soooo tasty, i'm still thinking about them now and we have been home for a month now. On my departure i left my phone in the room and the manger forwarded it on to my address in nyc. overall i would highly recommend this to anyone looking to visit the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kezmckeown
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Room smelled, I sat in chewed gum in chair. I was told I could use sauna when I checked in and then another staff person said I couldn't. Spoke with manager in the morning checking out and he said he'd refund me $9.00 (big whoop - when I was not satisfied at a Quality INN they gave me a full refund) and he didn't even do that. When I submitted my review on the BW site they forwarded it to the the manager and it appears like he sent me an auto-generated response inviting me to call him if he could be of any further service. He signed it "Manager" (no name) BW Monticello. Manager chose to not post my negative review.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Monticello hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Given the less then positive reviews I was going to give this hotel a miss, but thought to just pop in and check for myself. A pleasant suprise. Very courteous staff, good prices, room was spacious and clean, and breakfast more then adequate .... It's not the Ritz, but its no dump either. I would recommend if you need a local place to stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Tom_FultonNY
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This place is continuously making upgrades. Last time I was here the TV's were old and box-like but now they have brand new flat screen TV,s. The rooms are very clean with nice closets and beautiful view from the balcony. The office area is well-furnished and they have an indoor swimming pool which might be small in size but really great for relaxation after a long day's work. They also have a small gym to continue with your routine exercises. The staff is really professional , and trying to always give us a helping hand. They also had a big banquet hall which I thought of using for my in this area. I just wanna say it was better than what I expected!!!! I M DEFINITELY COMING BACK..when I go to a casino near by.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

East Elmhurst, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My friends and I reserved 6 rooms last weekend for an overnight stay at this location! Although this location was recommended by a friend, I was still a little skeptical about staying here. We were able to get 2 sets of adjoining rooms across the hall from each other. The rooms were very clean. The beds were comfortable and the mattresses appeared to be brand new! The bathroom was small and the vanity is not in the bathroom but in the room itself. Free wifi, flat screen tvs, room fridge, microwave, coffee maker and hbo were a plus, as well as a small indoor pool, a sauna and a workout room. The staff was very helpful. Continental breakfast was a plus!
This is by no means a luxury resort, however, if you want a clean and decent place to stay, I highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank jacksonbites1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monticello
Ramada Rock Hill at Sullivan Center
Days Inn Liberty
Days Inn Liberty
#1 of 3 in Liberty
Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center

Been to Best Western Monticello? Share your experiences!