Best Western Monticello
$118
$79
$71
$102
All reviewsbethel woodssmall indoor poolbusiness tripwaffle makervery nice hotelstaying at this hotelexercise roommini fridge and microwaveoff routefront desk clerkwould stay againconcert venuenice stayclean roomsconvenient locationgreat place to staybagels
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This was a stop over, and after reading the reviews of the other regional choices it seemed like the best option; it wasn't horrible, but the catterpillar I discovered crawling on me while in bed made me rethink my choice.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FlaHockeyFan
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Check-in time was 2pm, but none of the rooms were ready, which meant the tiny lobby had about 30 people crammed in there waiting impatiently. To her credit, the sole check in desk employee was working hard and very apologetic, so I can't take issue with her, although "This is the worst hotel ever!" was heard by multiple people on multiple occasions. When we finally did get checked in, we were pointed to the stairs, and told to lug our bags up the stairs. When we arrived to the room, none of the lights worked. We finally realized why when we noticed none of them were plugged in! Once the lights were on, we were tempted to turn them off right away due to the hideosity! It's like we stepped back in time 30 years! The only good thing about the room is the flat screen tv. The bathroom is seriously smaller than the closet, but oh it gets better! The shower drain also acts as a garbage disposal! My wife jumped back about 3 feet when the grinding noise started up! We looked at each other and couldn't help but laugh at the situation, and are so thankful we where only there for one night. I could go on, but I won't. Do yourself a favor and don't stay here. There MUST be better places to stay around here than this. There is absolutely no way they should be charging nearly $150 a night for this dump. This is more like a $50 a night hotel, and even then, I'd still look elsewhere.

Room Tip: If your room is in any hotel other than this one, you've chosen a good room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TravellinDaveHead
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We have stayed at Best Western for 5 straight days on vacation in the New England states. This one was the highest priced, lowest quality. Didn't have the 5 king, non-smoking rooms that we booked, dirty dishes left on microwave in the room, smelled like CIGAR SMOKE, so many people sitting on front entrance way smoking that you couldn't get into the lobby. DON'T STAY HERE .....ESPECIALLY WITH A FAMILY.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DC8657
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I was on a business trip in the area that was support to last five days and was cut short; I left after two days, I was charged $10.00 a day for each night I did not stay. If I had been informed of this prier to booking I would have book it per night.
Then I probably would have left after the first night. It looked as if the room had not been serviced after the previous guest left. The room had not been vacuumed, there was unwrapped soap in the tub, and the towels look as if they were used.
The next day after they serviced the room it looked great. The staff at the front desk was very good, the shower could be higher, but even thou the room was older it was very comfortable.
Just DON’T over book.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Mark R
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Grace at the front desk was very helpful...she knew the anwers to all our questions. We were on our motorcycle and she told us a safe place to park. There is a great Itilan rest. right next dppr amd a nice casino jut down the road.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple