“already had better hotel for its price but ok for a night”

Best Western Monticello
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Monticello
Reviewed April 7, 2011

we stayed here during a road trip. a friend of mine and me. for about 80 bucks plus taxes, we got a clean room with two beds and a standard colonial breakfast.
we haven"t used the pool and other stuff that we were actually allowed to use.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jokrattenmacher

Reviewed January 11, 2011

To start things off, I initially scheduled my stay online. I had a death in the family and needed to shift my original dates and this couldn't be accomplished using the website. I called to reschedule the week prior to my stay and the lady assured me that the dates were changed. When I got to the hotel, the gentlemen at the front desk had the original dates scheduled and told me that he was charging me for the previous night. I explained to him that I had called earlier to cancel that first night, but he said he didnt see any change to my original schedule. In addtion to being charged an extra night stay, I found the front desk service to be very poor and unresponsive as well as finding hair and stained pillow cases in my room. Needless to say, this will be my last experience with Best Western. You're Fired.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JJY78
Reviewed November 3, 2010

We stayed for two nights in September 2010. $108/night plus tax. It wasn’t very nice – starting with the poorly-maintained parking lot/landscaping to the ugly lobby to the below-average room. It definitely could have been a lot cleaner. It was bearable, though. I didn’t use the pool or have breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beergarden
Reviewed October 11, 2010

after staying at "the best westerrn from hell" in estes park co., we were hesistant to try another best western. we were also concerned that the hotel showed up on the bedbug registry. because of the estes park expierience we had a free voucher. since we wanted to visit bethel woods we figured this would be a good way to use it. the staff assured us the bedbug problem was taken care of. i was impressed with their honesty. the rooms were clean. this is a no frills place but probally the best you can do for this area. i liked the professionalism and coutesy of the staff. this was a nice difference from the rudeness we recieved at estes park

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We stayed for two days at this hotel as part of an off road club weekend. Our room was pretty basic but it was clean. The bathroom was also clean. The bed is not the most comfortable but it is ok for a short stay. The lobby was clean. We didn't try and use the pool. The ice machines worked and the front desk staff wasn't overly friendly, but they did get us checked in quickly and recommend a place to eat one night.

All in all, not many places to stay in Monticello and I heard from others worse stories. So, we felt lucky to have a clean and quiet room at the Best Western.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2010

The queen size beds that we were promised were not queen size. The mattresses themselves were so old and used that there was a distinct peak in the middle. When two people slept in the bed you were pulled to the edge of the mattress. My 11 year old, who was sharing the other bed fell off in the middle of the night. Needless to say, I got no sleep that night. The next morning I went and complained about the bed, and front desk attendant, BJ Patel, rudely said "no one else has complained about the bed". I could not believe it!!. Anyway, stay away from this nightmare of a Best Western.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Not bad but some minor problems.Not bad except for some minor issues. Not quite what iI expected from a Best Western. One example-the toilet paper holder was in the way when using the toilet. A bigger person than me would have really had a hard time of it. Overall though nice and roomy

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TREK39
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monticello
Ramada Rock Hill at Sullivan Center
HOME2 Suites by Hilton Middletown
Days Inn Liberty
Days Inn Liberty
#1 of 3 in Liberty

Been to Best Western Monticello? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Monticello

Address: 16 Raceway Rd, Monticello, NY 12701-1112 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Monticello)
Location: United States > New York > Catskill Region > Monticello
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Monticello
Price Range: $120 - $174 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Monticello 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Best Western, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Monticello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Monticello Hotel Monticello