All reviews water park lazy river ropes course all ages bunk beds laser tag fire pit life guards older kids rock climbing sweet shop sand art virtual reality zip line movie night flow rider year olds
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a fun night away with friends last weekend! Stayed in a two bedroom suite, which was beautifully decorated and very clean! Waterpark was also clean and lots of fun! My friends and I enjoyed the lazy river and the indoor/outdoor hot tub! Looking forward to hopefully going back soon!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Manager-247, General Manager at The Kartrite Resort & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi vixen,

Thank you for settling in with us for a fun girls' getaway! We agree that catching up with friends in our waterpark and spa is a great way to spend a weekend! Until next time!

The Park:
I’ll start off with, I live an hour away from Kartrite and an hour and a half away from the big three in the Poconos. I’ve been to Great Wolf and Kalahari already. The Kartrite advertises as the largest indoor park in NY but that’s very misleading. The water park is beautiful, clean, well staffed and well laid out- but it’s tiny. There is no wave pool- there are only a handful of “thrill” rides to keep older kids (mine is 12) entertained. This doesn’t make it a bad place just not what I expected. A few hours is all that’s needed to get through it and as they are charging as much or close to as much as the other water parks I think it’s a little pricey. I will point out we were supposedly there on a night when the hotel was at capacity and it never felt too busy at the water park. Also love the upstairs bar as you could look over most of the water park and your kids while having a drink. The pizza served in the park was delicious
Hotel room-
The Hotel room was new and spacious and seemed well maintained on the surface- we had an ice bucket full of melted ice on arrival and hair in the bathtub. Not a huge issue but we could tell they rushed through housekeeping. Also- Unlike other water park hotels, there was no theme at all to the room. It looked like any other modern business hotel. This didn’t bother me, it was just surprising.
The lobby- again this felt like a modern business hotel and not a water park hotel- it was nice, well lit and modern- they have children’s movies playing at times in the lobby but this felt like an afterthought in the design. The Highline coffee shop was the highlight- great coffee and breakfast. The front desk staff were fine but very stiff.
The Arcade was new and was fun but expensive.
The Food-
I regret to inform you that I will never ever eat at one of there restaurants again after trying the buffet. No water park hotel has a great buffet but this place was disturbing- the restaurant was less than half filled on a Saturday night but they had run out of food so they stopped seating while the kitchen caught up. When we were sat we weren’t greeted by our server for at least twenty minutes- I know it’s a buffet but the servers are the only way to get anything (even water to drink)- the kids in our group ordered soda and waters and all the adults just wanted water to get the awful taste of the food out of our mouths. She brought a small pitcher of water and just enough cups that families had to share. We rationed out the little bit of water given to us. One person in our party waited patiently for 15 minutes to get lettuce for a salad. The woman cutting the barely cooked prime rib actually sweated into the piece she cut me. I obviously never ate it but saved it as an example to show the manager. I try never to complain at restaurants but I had to at this one. Upon showing and explaining to the manager the problems I swear he told us he was sorry but he was brought 15 Brazilians today and he’s doing the best he can. We asked him to repeat himself because the answer made no sense but he repeated it again. This gentleman was the food and beverage manager for the resort that evening and that was all he could tell us. He offered to come meals but we didn’t want that- we just wanted him to know he lost customers because of how awful an experience we had so maybe he could prevent it from happening in the future. There was more issues but this review is long enough already-
To sum it up- I would stay and play there again for the right price. I will drink there coffee and eat the pizza made in the water park. I will never eat in the resort again- not even or free. Plenty of good restaurants in the area and at the casino.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank MichaelN158

Hello Michael,

We appreciate your thorough and candid review, and we're glad you and your family enjoyed our waterpark fun and pizza. We will share your feedback regarding the readiness of your suite with our housekeeping team, and we're glad you all settled in nicely. Your experience at Eat, Eat, Eat is indeed not on par with a kartrite establishment, and we will take your feedback to heart. We appreciate you sharing with us. We agree that it's fun to explore the local dining options nearby as well, and we're glad you'll be back to play with us in the future.

Cheers,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had a great experience at the Kartrite last week an you shouldn't hesitate to head up to where the old Concord Hotel used to stand and enjoy the waterpark and indoor arcade. I had a wonderful spacious room and I understand they have different room types, suites, rooms with Bunk Beds - how fun for the kids - and great amenities. There are 7 different places to eat and drink and so many outdoor activities to enjoy. I had a great time.

Room tip: All the rooms are great. If traveling with family/kids, get the bunk beds.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Hi John P,

Your recommendation means the world to us, and we're thrilled to know that your stay delivered on fun! We agree that our bunk bed suites are great for kids, and we're glad you all found just what you wanted to eat amid our seven dining choices. We trust we'll see you all again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

OMG, I don’t even know where to begin. I should have read the reviews on TripAdvisor prior to booking. Everything that people are complaining about is absolute true to the tee.
So...., we got to the hotel last Saturday at about 1:00pm and got on a supper long and slow-moving line to check-in (including the picture). After a long wait we finally checked in and were told we will be getting a text message around 4pm once our room is ready. Went to the park, which was very nice and clean, not overcrowded and no long lines there. Kids enjoyed every moment of it, even though I felt that water was on a cooler side and had way too much chemicals in it. Yes, it is much smaller than other parks we’ve been to, but for 12, 11, 8 & 2 year olds it was just enough. 4pm comes-no text about our room, ok. At 4:45 we went to the front desk to see if our room was ready, we were told that it wasn’t and we had to wait a little longer. Fast forward 2 hours of back and forth with the management our room still wasn’t ready! Our kids were tired and restless in the lobby sitting on the floor with nothing to do! We finally got our room a little after 7pm! Just to find our suit to be semi cleaned, dirty showers and closet drawers with someone else’s hairs, so disgusting. They put a play pen in a room for my 2 yo, as requested, but no bedding for it. Had to call to request extra sheets and wait for it again. Also, their water pressure in the shower isn’t great either, we were on the 3rd floor it was barely coming out. Forgot to mention, that we had a corner 2-bedroom suit, which was spacious with enough room for 2 families with 4 kids in tow. Our room also had a balcony wrapped around the whole suit, so nice but not cheap$$$. Had it been cleaned well and available at the right time, we would probably have much better experience at Kartrite. Not to mention that we were here to celebrate my nephews birthday, which we ended up spending on the floor in the lobby waiting for our room instead of eating a cake in our suit!
What I don’t understand is that I looked back at the reviews on here as far as December of 2019, and until now management did nothing to improve their slow services, even though GM David K replied to each review with a promise to do so.
Will we return to Kartrite? Very unlikely. Management has a ton of work/training to do to improve the operations on premises, otherwise this place will not survive another year.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank 321olgaf

Dear 321olgaf,

While we're glad your children loved our waterpark and the size proved just right for your family, we share in your frustration that your room wasn't ready for your arrival. We will share your review with the appropriate teams, in order to ensure positive change. We are glad, however, that your spacious suite with wrap-around balcony had such potential! We agree that we have work to do, and we hope to have the opportunity to showcase a five-star kartrite experience for you soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just got back from a 1 night 2 day birthday getaway for my grandson and i(we share the same birthday). It's hard to find fun but reasonable things to do to celebrate in January.
My daughter was told by a co worker about the Kartrite so she did some research. She found that it wasn't just reasonable but because her husband is a firefighter he also gets a discount!
Our room was ready for check-in 4 hours early which was awesome ! We found the room sparkling clean with all amenities as promised . The bathroom was exceptionally clean as well. The room slept all six of us with room for two more and we didn't feel crowded at ALL.
The water park was also very clean as well as the dressing room and restrooms.
I read some reviews staring the employees were rude that the service was terrible and that the rooms weren't clean. I didn't find any of that to be true just the opposite! Everything they advertise they provided.
They even do a family movie at night in the lobby. Everything was reasonably priced in my opinion. The food at the snack shack in the water park area is basic fan fare at places like this . If your looking for 5 star food then go somewhere else but the good was fresh and hot served with a smile . I found everyone there helpful and courteous. I recommend this family fun getaway to everyone. We plan on doing it again next year for our birthday but we will go back before then ! I have it 4 stars not 5 only because I think that it's can be a very long walk to elevators of your room is at the end of hallway like ours was then it's a long walk to water park from elevators once you are on the correct floor so if someone in your party has trouble walking long distances I suggest you rent a wheel chair or electric scooter chair like they have at the casinos . I'm unsure of the Kartrite offers anything like that. Just be aware of someone may need some help. Also I was very only with the fact that they had electric lifts to assist handicapped people getting in and out of the different pools. I really believe there is something for everyone at the Kartrite.!!!!

Hello N5657VVmichelleb,

It was our pleasure to host your shared birthday celebration, and we agree that our indoor waterpark is just the location to do so in January! We're delighted we could provide a sparklingly-clean family suite for your early arrival, and we're glad that your experience with our team was positive at every turn. Your recommendation is much appreciated and we already await the next time you and your family return to make more memories.