2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 10/06/22
Booking.com$329
Official Hotel$349
ZenHotels.com$611
All reviews yoga classes juice bar spa treatments wellness retreat tea cafe steam room relaxing getaway towel warmer mountain biking hydrotherapy area goose poop yoga room room tea white marble vegan food amazing weekend luxury resort
Selected filters
Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

My daughter and I spent 2 nights and 3 days in the wellness program and I can’t speak highly enough about the quality of the treatments, staff, cleanliness, and gourmet vegetarian food. We loved having individualized schedules for each day, down to which juices we should have at what time! Had many interesting treatments- mud, oils, massages, etc. yoga and gong healing were great. Beautiful grounds and swimming pool also. We will be back! Some minor communication issues among staff due to loss of operations manager but that should change once someone is in that position. Robert in the dining room, david and William as massage therapists were also outstanding!
We will be returning!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank bubbie33324
Abhi J, Guest Relations Manager at YO1 Health Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

Dear Bubbie 33324,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We truly aim to make a difference in every guests lives by offering them the customized treatments they may need. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Yo1 Wellness Resort & Spa Management Team

Reviewed July 26, 2019

The facility is great. Lot's of money ($300M) was invested, and it shows. However, current management and operation is mass. Over the weekend they were able to double book us a few times and even when trying to fix it took them 2-3 attempts. The consultation (a key to build the right treatment plan specific for your needs) was a joke, and one of the Yoga training was so hard to understand we almost left. The food was the only service we enjoyed. My advice, wait until they fix it before and replace the management before visiting.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank 60shaiz
Reviewed July 25, 2019

I can totally understand other people's confusion of what this place is, how it's advertised, and how it can be confusing. As the staff had explained (and I was more so aware, because I did research their website before booking) this place is closer to a "hospital" and NOT in a bad way!!! The lunch and dinner menu is prix fixe and all vegetarian to aide in their theme of wellness and nutrition. Someone I met there was part of the centers weight loss program and after consultation, had a specific diet and regimen that was catered to her needs and goals. I was a "retail" guest who paid and participated in the wellness amenities using their Day Pass.

I am not a vegetarian, I do love eating a good greasy bacon cheeseburger don't get me wrong, but that is not what they are enabling, and the food was delicious!!! The kitchen is only available during breakfast 8-10am, for wellness and retail guests, lunch from 11:30am-1:30pm, and dinner is from 6-8pm. You cannot walk to the restaurant if you are hungry anytime in between. But for the wellness guests and those who paid for a day pass have access to the tea cafe and the juice bar downstairs which is also delicious! So if you are only staying in the hotel room and not utilizing the wellness amenities, eat elsewhere because the kitchens time slots are strict. I feel like if retail guests are aware of that upfront, there wouldn't be confusion.

The staff...what can I say about the staff. Only that they are AMAZING; that word doesn't even come close!!! Everyone was super friendly, helpful, accommodating, and sweet. Whoever the HR person is or whatever they are feeding them and putting in the water, it's working! I met so many staff members and was able to speak to them on a personal level and truly get to know them. Everyone always had a smile on their face and was always willing to talk to you, help find what you are looking for, accommodate you, and they even check up on you later in the day to ensure your issue was resolved. If I could give the staff 10 stars I would; I did not have a single staff member give me a bad experience or leave a bad taste in my mouth. Each one made me feel like I was the only guest in the center; that's how much attention and customer service they deliver. Everyone young, old, newer staff members to vets who have been there since day 1; I cannot truly emphasize how wonderful they made my stay so relaxing.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2019

First the good. The facilities are brand new (2019) and extremely clean. Location is very private, there's a front gate and then a half mile drive to the property.

Now the strange. Not necessarily bad, just not what we were expecting and collectively added up to a surreal experience - one we joke about but not one we would choose to repeat.

The resort doesn't seem to know what it is today - a dedicated wellness spa or a luxury resort. As it is new, it was very quiet on the weekend we were here - 30+/- cars in the parking lot, even fewer on Monday.

The facility was built as a special form of a wellness spa with a highly structured food and activity schedule. That schedule starts at 5:00am and ends at 8pm so the resort is deserted and appears closed in the evening.

Perhaps to cover the costs, it is selling "retail" rooms on websites at one price and "wellness program rooms" on their own site. The retail rooms don’t include the wellness program. This creates some odd experiences around guest service, operating hours, services etc.

The staff seem to differentiate between "retail" guests and "wellness guests." We were not acknowledged when entering or leaving the hotel, staff walked past us without responding, we went to the restaurant at 2:05pm and were ignored. The indicator seems to be a colored wristband they attach when you check-in.

There are none of the items you would expect in a 4/5-star resort - no coffee, no room service, no mini-bar, no liquor license at all. There’s also no snacking, no all-day food and a surprising lack of service. In a wellness resort where expectations have been set that would be fine, but when marketed alongside other luxury resorts, it is missing items that you don’t think to even ask “do they have it?”

Each time we asked for something, staff looked surprised to be asked and unsure what to do – this happened at the front gate, the check-in desk (“do you have a reservation?”), when asking for ice, when walking the halls and saying “good morning” to what appeared to be the manager only to have him avert his eyes. Perhaps this is the newness of the property, or the focus on wellness guests over “retail.”

The rooms are huge – but ours only had a double bed, dresser and two chaise longes. No desk – which if you’re not supposed to be working makes sense, but where would I sit to write my daily journal?

Either way, if you’re looking for a wellness retreat and know what to expect, this is a beautiful property. If you’re looking for an upscale resort, this is great but be prepared for what is – and isn’t – part of their offering.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a desk
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank BritishSkier
Reviewed July 17, 2019

From the moment i arrived i was pleased with my choice to stay at YO1. The hotel is immaculate and spacious. I arrived at 8am for an overnight stay. I checked in right away and able to go to my room. The room was spacious, new, and clean. I then went to meet with the wellness counselor and given the days itenary. It started witha sweedish massage followed by an underwater massage, eye and abdomin pack, accupuncture, aqua cycling and yoga. Fresh Juices all day long from juice bar, In my free time i took advantage of the sauna and steam room. Lunch and dinner were fantastic. I sat outside on the patio with a great view of the lake and mountain. The food was the best. In the evenong i attended a lecture on Naturalopathy. So interesting and informative. The next morning i attended Kryias, yoga and had more therapies. A mud bath (loved) whirlpool with epson salt and another 50 min massage. The all inclusive wellness guest is the way to go! you get first priority for all therapies and its well worth the money. You get much more than just the al a carte add ons. I will be going back again. Had the most relaxing time and there is so much more to discover at YO1

• Trip type: Traveled solo