All reviews bed and breakfast b b's breakfast was delicious isabella room private bathroom rocking chairs wine trail entire stay great weekend new york city
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Was a disappointing stay, Isabella room tired and small with spiders webs and cracks in plaster, shower had mould on sealant. Needs maintenance and uplift. Breakfast average. Most expensive accommodation during our two weeks in states. Town very nice and bed comfortable.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Anna F, Owner at The Borland B&B & Brunch House, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2018

We very much appreciate your feedback as we take all reviews seriously. The Isabella room is one of our favorites and being built in 1789 in a cottage style is a wonderful room for anyone in love with the historical Hudson Valley. We work very hard to make all our rooms comfortable and clean everyday and to serve the very best food representing the best products of the Hudson Valley. We love our home and will work to make every room as beautiful as possible and always work hard to make sure every guest has the best stay.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were very pleased with our brunch experience at The Borland House on a Sunday morning. The food prepared was delicious and the service provided was excellent. The facility itself was quaint and charming.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2018

And that's just the house! Wait until you meet the owners.

The basic questions. Was I happy with my stay? YES. Would I stay there again? Absolutely! Would I recommend to others? 100% . But I sort of want it to be kept a secret...lol.

The floors creak, the doors squeak, the old fashion radiator heaters ping and clang and it's all beautiful to hear. This is like staying at your grandma's house and you are in the room that your mom grew up in. It's vintage Victorian and glorious. I read some reviews and security is not an issue anymore. Everything is locked.

Either room is fine, the Hanlon or Montgomery. Each has a king bed, plenty of space, and it's own bathroom - even though they are both detached from the rooms. You will have to exit your door and the bathroom is right there. We stayed in the Hanlon room and that has a tub and wrap around curtain for showering. I noticed the other bathroom had a more modern walk in shower. Bed was nice. Pillows just ok. If I stayed again I would bring my own pillow. In room mini fridge. I didn't see the Isabella room so can't comment but I think it's smaller sized.

Food? Ummm...yah they do food. OMG! Just amazing. If you stay, your breakfasts are included. You get several choices and all of them will fill you. But they offer additional items for a reasonable cost. Coffee is unlimited and awesome. The general public can dine but as a guest you get priority seating. It starts at 9 am. Coffee was ready at 6 am.

5 course dinner option is available only to guests staying at the Inn. It lasted almost 2 hours and we were the only couple that night. It was so worth it. Anna cooked everything and did the presentation and serving. And 2 glasses of Whitecliff Vineyards wines.

We were there for the April Shawangunk wine trail tasting event. Our favorites

1) Robibero
2) Whitecliff
3) Benmarl

Anna, her staff, and family that are present on the site (but not overbearing) - are so personable and caring. They want you to have a great stay at their home. Just pleasant to talk to.

What a great weekend. Thanks Anna. We will try to come again.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2018

The inn is located in downtown Montgomery NY, nice choice of restaurants close by. We stayed for one night and enjoyed our stay. We had the Montgomery room, a large room with a nice view. Bed was comfortable, everything was clean. Breakfast provides a couple of choices, we choose the frittata; a great choice. Anna, the owner, is also the chef and made time for a conversation. We would go back when in the area again.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2018

I can't believe I've driven past this place for YEARS and not known about it. After googling "great breakfasts near me" this place popped up, and, not having heard of it we went. I am SO glad we did! My love and I devoured the chips & blue cheese dip, the ricotta donuts, the home-made bloody mary's (made with what... wine? Yep. Don't let the description fool you- they are freaking great- and I'm a Bloody Mary snob... I didn't read the description until after we got the carafe and I'm glad I didn't because I wouldn't have ordered it... but I am SO glad I did!) for brunch he had the harissa eggs which were outstanding and I had the poached eggs with creamed leeks.... OMG Yum. We walked out stuffed and VERY happy with the bill- drinks, apps and brunch for about $75. WELL worth finding! I only hate writing this review because I don't want it to be packed next time I go, lol. You can't miss out on this amazing food though!

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple