“Great (Tiny) Restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed a few days in Montgomery and were directed here by our B&B -The Borland House that also gets 5 stars-which has a "foodie package" where both the Bistro and B&B discounted our bill for the night in question. This is a very tiny 7 table restaurant and the food was terrific--some of the best I`ve had. It was beautifully presented and full of distinct flavors, some from artful emulsions or sauces and all coupled with very fresh ingredients. Service was informal but well informed with two helpful wait persons handling everything smoothly. I would not visit this part of the State without booking another meal here and rank this as far and away the best food we experienced along the Hudson during a trip of several days. One caution--because it is so small, noise can be an issue. When we started, there was one loud table with a particular noxious fellow whose voice carried throughout the place and was quite annoying. When he happily left, the room settled down but even when all are behaving, your neighboring tables are fairly close and conversations can spill over. That said, we loved our visit and are still trying to duplicate some lentils that were served under a delicious lamb dish that the waitress had highly recommended.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Sue and Jerry Crocker, both CIA graduates prepare delightful cuisine...amazing food art and mouth watering. Nice selection of wine to pair with your culinary feast. Sue was a contestant on "Chopped"...extremely extreme show which showed her culinary skill. One of my very favorite places to eat.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Small and quaint, this little restaurant is a true gem. The service is outstanding and the food is amazing. Each month new delights are introduced on the menu. The food is prepared with the freshest ingredients and the wonderful combination of flavors are presented in such an artistic way you almost want to take a picture instead of eating it. However, one bite and you realize each dish is something to be savored. Rarely do I rave about a restaurant, but this one is deserves every accolade. You can't go wrong.

1  Thank NJTravelerVernon_NJ
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I am an avid tripadvisor reader but have never written a review. I had to write about this gem of a restaurant ! I am a NYC transplant always looking for great restaurants. I had heard great things about this restaurant and couldn't wait to try it.
My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and this sounded like the perfect special place.
The small size of backyard bistro is part of its charm...the service was impeccable, the food sublime and the wine list very affordable with some great selections.
I had the scallops which were terrific and it seemed like many other tables ordered it . My husband had the steak which he enjoyed. The portion was very generous...we each had half portion pasta appetizers that I could have licked the plate!! Delish!!!
I am definitely going back and soooo very happy I found this wonderful restaurant !!
If you are looking for a special spot.. This is it... But it is also casual enough to just have a great meal....go!

1  Thank Tburriss32
Reviewed July 3, 2013

It's delicious, creative, reasonably priced farm-to-table food that impresses, and I'm a hard-core NYC foodie that doesn't hand out nice words so easily. Just eat there and thank me later.

2  Thank DSKNYC