“Great restaurant”

Cauldron
Ranked #11 of 35 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Description: The Cauldron has been serving the Hudson Valley region for over 30yrs as a Coletta Family business. We offer Home-made pasta, breads, soups & artesian pizza's!!! Daily specails avaiable & Hudson Valley's ONLY Oxygen Bar. On/off site catering avaiable.
Blooming Grove, New York
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food is great , portions are large ,service is fast and friendly .Pasta is made fresh every day . Great all around restaurant .

• Visited December 2012

Albany, New York
“Twice in a row!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Having found this little gem in October, I went back with a different friend in early November. Told her we just had to get the pizza. Never a disappointment! I love their pizza so much, I never get a chance to try the other menu items. Had an interesting apple sangria - wow. They have a good selection of on-tap beer, for those that like it, and plenty of wine to choose from. Even for a Saturday night, it was busy but not overcrowded. The servers are great, and if they don't know the answer, they find out. We wanted extra garlic on our pie - no problems! Plan on returning here again when I'm in the area.

• Visited November 2012
“Amazing!!! I couldnt be happier!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Tonight was my first trip to the cauldron. my friends have recommended this place for years, but i always find myself going to the other restaurants in Montgomery. What a fool I have been!!! I have spent years and money on OK food, when this place is amazing. Dont make the same mistakes I've made check out the cauldron. Everything is homemade, the staff is so sweet and the interior is beautiful. I didnt even feel like I was in Montgomery. I felt like I was in a European Cafe. GO TO THE CAULDRON YOU WILL LOVE IT!

1 Thank bigchompers
Newburgh, NY
“Great homemade food”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have gone to the cauldron for years, great food, family run. Very intimate and great service. Personal attention, menu changes some with seasons. I have loved this place since the family started it way back in early 1970's. Now 3rd generation has reinvented a lovely, warm and friendly restaurant. The specials are SPECIAL, the summertime home made gelato is a wow and the seafood soups are delicious. They do have all the pizzza and sandwiches for dine in, takeout or delivery as well. This one does it right.
Word of caution-----Every persons palate is different, the sauce here is great, it is what I remember as italian.

• Visited November 2012
Troy, New York
“Fantastic food and friendly service!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went on a Friday night with a Restaurant.com certificate -- sometimes the participating restaurants are disappointing but this was the opposite -- a pleasant surprise. Very creative combinations of ingredients, presentation is great. Basket of bread included two pieces of focaccia with fresh peppers and other goodies baked in. Friendly wait staff indicated that absolutely everything is homemade - salad dressing, breads, etc. Returned on Saturday for a pizza to takeout (to our hotel). Server recognized us and invited us to eat our pizza in the dining room where we'd be more comfortable! Great again! There's a lot of bad pizza out there, but this was great - good crust, perfect amount of sauce and ingredients. Will return next time we're in town.

• Visited October 2012