“would not stay again”

Super 8 Montgomery Maybrook
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Montgomery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Was staying 3 days. For some reason this super 8 was more expensive than the one in Newburgh even though we were given a smaller bed, no refrigerator, and no microwave. The room was clean, then only thing was some of our towels had stains on them. The location was very odd. it isn't convenient to anything. you have to drive ten minutes to get to anything. It was fine in the daytime but at night it is a truck stop. There were truckers hanging out outside and in the lobby. The thing that did really bother me was the current construction going on. We were of course given a room on the wall of the construction. So 8:30am every morning (weekdays AND weekends) there was extremely loud drilling and hammering. We could never open the window shades because there was either a man outside the window blaring his music all day or they covered our whole window with plastic. The good part was the breakfast. I usually love Super 8 but this one disappointed me with their courtesy of placing us in the middle of construction.

• Stayed November 2012
GOSHEN
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was the most filthy and horrendous place we EVER stayed in -I SHOULD have known by the vacancy during hurricane Sandy...NO other hotel/motel available within a 35 mile radius EXCEPT YOURS......NO wonder....and to top it all off- we had 2 rooms at $89.00 a night and online it said $55.00 !!!!!!! What a way to price gouge people in their most desperate time. We slept FULLY clothed and jackets on with our hoods over our heads afraid of getting bit by bugs....how appalling if there were not a gas shortage and or it wasn't so cold out we would have slept in our vehicles!! TERRIBLE,TERRIBLE experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

MONTGOMERY
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My mother and I stayed at this hotel, because we were out of power during hurricane Sandy. At first I thought the hotel was ok for the price. When I went to go to sleep, I realized that my mattress smelled like someone peed on it. We were staying there for 2 nights, so the next morning I explained my situation to the front desk. They changed my room. Check out was 11am. I then realized at 2pm my power had come back on. I called the front desk to ask for 50% of my money back, so they could rent it to someone else. They said they couldn't because all of the housekeepers had left for the day. That answer was fine with me. Except when I walked out of my room, the cart. and vacuum where in the hallway. I asked the front desk about it, and they answered by telling me it was their job to put it away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montgomery
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Montgomery
#6 of 9 in Middletown
Hampton Inn Middletown
Hampton Inn Middletown
#1 of 9 in Middletown

Been to Super 8 Montgomery Maybrook? Share your experiences!