“So Adorable!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Panoramic View

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montauk
Panoramic View
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
New York, NY
“So Adorable!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2006

My husband and I just got back from a 2 day trip to The Panoramic View in Montauk, NY. I found the place online, and just wanted a cute, clean place on the beach for some much needed R and R. Trip Advisor has never steered me wrong, so I decided to book it. I was thrilled!!! We stayed in the Salt Sea Building, which is the closest to the beach, and it was perfect! Rooms are very spacious and clean...a bit rustic looking, but charming. There is a small kitchenette with a fridge that we kept sodas in. Our balcony was a good size and had the gorgeous views promised. The room to have in that building is 75, as it has a view from two directions, since it is the corner room. The other great thing, is that their summer rates are only from the end of June to the second week in September, which is much better than most of the places out there which charge an arm and a leg from April till October. Book slightly off season is the way to go, my husband and I were there from June 18th-20th, and missed the summer rates by a day, but still had great beach weather. Plus, if you're coming out from New York City, there is a LIRR stop relatively close, although you would need a taxi.

All in all, a great place, very quiet, perfect for a couple! We're already planning our return trip!

8 Thank ladylynn80

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2006

We recently spent 4 nights at the Panoramic View. The room and grounds were extremely clean. The ocean is literally right in front of you, and if you go during the offseason or weekday the beach will be all yours! We had bad weather so we explored the area with walks to Hither Hills and around the lighthouse. I recommend playing a round of golf at Montauk Downs public course. The hotel's gym is also very functional and clean. The only complaint about our stay was that on Friday a wedding party showed up and the room next door decided to have an all night party. The walls are pretty thin so it wasn't pleasant. Overall, though, a good experience.

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank sebibond1
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2006

This oceanfront resort is the most beautiful in the Hamptons. All rooms have an oceanfront terrace or deck with superior view. The grounds are manicured with flowers everywhere. The staff is courteous and the roomrates are extremely reasonable for the Hamptons area. Highly recommend this resort.

10 Thank fish52888
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2005

The panoramic is quite simply, magnificent. It is a family owned establishment that is consistent and beautiful. It isn't over the top glamourous, which is why i stay there with my family. When i'm on the beach i want to just relax and not feel like i'm competing with the "Jones'". You feel at home while having the luxury of ocean front views. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. I can assure you a wonderful vacation.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2005

I am a native New Yorker, that has been visiting the Montauk area consistently for the past 14 years (my husband and I love the ocean). As a result of our annual visits to Montauk, sometimes we go twice in a year, we've had the opportunity to try many of the hotels in town as well as Gurney's Inn. Because of our experience we have now stayed at the Panoramic View every year for the past 6 years.

Why? Because of 3 key reasons:

1. The view and beach are fabulous (the reason I go to Montauk in the first place).
2. It is quiet, low key and unpretentious.
3. The rooms are simple (motel like efficiencies), but clean and everything is always in good working order -- never had the bug experience mentioned by another reviewer and I have stayed in that particular room. Best room to book is #72, which appears on their website or one of the beach houses.

When we travel my husband and I always stay at first class/deluxe accommodations because one's hotel is one's "home away from home." While the Panoramic View is not deluxe or first class I continue staying there because it is simply the best deal in town. Gurney's is pretentious and twice the price for small rooms and use of the same beach, and the other places in town (in my experience) leave much to be desired.

The front desk is usually very helpful, although I have come across one guy who is a bit of a curmudgeon, and although that is his personality he has never been rude so I don't let it impact me. For my money the Panoramic View is a good deal.

Some tips that may prove useful:

-Restaurants in Montauk are OK, not top quality so plan on eating at the Harvest (excellent food/nice view) in town or go into Easthampton.
-For spa experience only (they have upgraded it) try Gurneys Inn. They do charge a $30 facilities usage fee even when you are paying for treatments.
-For a good hearty breakfast in town go to Mr. John's Pancake House.

• Stayed May 2005
22 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2005

We called this property and rec'd a quote for a 4-night stay. We shopped around a bit, then called again the same day. We received the same quote, and decided to book the room, and slipped the required cash deposit in the mail the same day.

Later that day, the mgmt called to say that the rate they quoted was incorrect, and would be over $100 higher. Take it or leave it. Since this property does not take anything but CASH, there was no written record of the reservation, and the manager, John Horton, could not assure us that the new quote was firm. He also could give us no assurance that our check would be returned.

We pushed back hard on his inability to give us a way to get a written confirmation of our reservation at the higher rate, and he said he didn't need to do business with "people like us from Florida," and hung up.

It has cost us lots of time and some $$ to stop payment on our check.

22 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2004

I have stayed throughout the Hamptons, Montauk, and Eastern Long Island, but this motel takes the cake for employing the rudest and disrespectful staff. Not only were they dishonest regarding the rates, they continued to tack on additional fees. I have read the above posts and agree that the area is extremely beautiful (as with much of Eastern LI). I cannot imagine a worse trip in respect to the price paid. The cost is equivalent to that of "luxury resorts" and this was neither luxurious or a resort. If you would like the same price, go to Gurney's to avoid the poor service and as many have said "GROSS" conditions.

34 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montauk
Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa
Royal Atlantic Beach Resorts
Kenny's Tipperary Inn
Kenny's Tipperary Inn
#5 of 39 in Montauk

Been to Panoramic View? Share your experiences!