“Great visit”
Review of Montauk Blue Hotel

Montauk Blue Hotel
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We spent four days with our extended family at Montauk Blue and we loved it. We had five rooms and family members from 6 years old to 75 years old and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes, a few small things could help enhance the room (bigger fridge, 2nd pail, tv mounted on the wall) but overall it is amazing! The shower is great, the location is so convenient and the balcony and view is priceless. I can't wait for my return visit this week. I had really positive experiences with the staff Gretchen, Randy and Gabriel while staying at Blue. Gabriel, see you soon! Stephanie

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Gabriel P, General Manager at Montauk Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Guest,
I am so glad that you liked Montauk Blue Hotel so much that you are coming back. I will be happy to ensure that your next experience is flawless and rest assured that we take into consideration all of your comments for further improvement.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We just returned from 6 days at the newly renovated Montauk Blue, formerly Ocean Beach resort. The blue theme is carried throughout the property and the rooms are all spanking new with a blue and white and beachy feel. You simply cannot beat the location, close to all shopping and right on the oceanfront. The front desk is very accommodating. We scored a midweek special; at $189 per room and had the perfect Montauk escape, including bonfires on the beach!

Room Tip: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\cHOOSE A ROOM \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ You can hear the ocean fr...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Gabriel P, Manager at Montauk Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments. We appreciate that you are very happy with the overall re branding and new concept. As I'm sure you've realized, our intent was not to just provide a renovated room, our intent was to launch our concept and our new name as a unique and distinguished "piece of Blue Heaven" as you call it. We strive to be accommodating and in line with the current trends to offer you the best product and service in Montauk.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

What I meant by my title was this hotel just needs a few things to make it a perfect place to stay in montauk. Rooms were nice, could use a bigger fridge, could hardly put anything in there, definitely needs a safe because front door locks are flimsy, I mean anybody could get in, we are still in n.y. even thought you feel your not.Little things like another garbage pail in room and definitely a scooper for the ice machine, people were using there hands to scoop ice, that was a little nasty. Overall the rooms and views are tremendous , would definitely go back and hope these little things were taken care of, the staff was great also, very easy going

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bronxpizzaman
Gabriel P, General Manager at Montauk Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Guest,
I know that when it comes to Montauk you have plenty of options. Therefore, I want to thank you for choosing Montauk Blue Hotel. We are considering your comments and taking into consideration implementing some immediate changes as well as some potential modifications during the off-season.
However, don't wait too long to come back. Our staff will make sure that your stay is a pleasant one.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We have stayed here the past few weekends and recently booked a few more. Gretchen at the front desk is always so sweet and goes above and beyond for us, trying to get us in our room early etc. The rooms are huge with a nice patio - much more updated than other hotels in the surrounding area.

Gabriel the manager is amazing as well! Bringing us a bottle of champagne for our birthday.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Brittany S

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your compliment, I value your positive words and praise.

Please don't hesitate to call me directly for your next visit, we will be happy to have you as our guest.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I took a few days off this 4th of July week and really wanted a mini getaway to Montauk with my husband. (I think I always want to go to Montauk!) We normally stay at the Royal Atlantic but their cheapest room for one night was almost $400 which was not in our budget. I received an email from the Montauk Blue Hotel (I am happy I signed up for the emails!) which offered a great deal for a night during the week in the summer, so we booked!
We have never stayed here before so I can't compare it to before renovations, but I have to say it was very pretty -- modern and clean. The shower was great -- the only complaint we have is that the bathroom sink kept clogging. It never did get fixed but if we stayed more than one night I am sure it would have been. I did call the front desk about it, they sent somebody but he just plunged it -- it was a temporary "fix". I reminded the front desk about it again when we checked out.
The Montauk beach is amazing -- to me that is the whole point of going to Montauk, relaxing on the beach, walking into town and taking a ride over to watch the fishing boats come in. I don't expect 5-star accommodations, just a clean room and the ocean nearby.
Montauk Blue definitely fit our needs for the day & night and we would love to stay there again. Next time, I want to experience one of their ocean-front rooms that's for sure! :)

Room Tip: I would definitely go with ocean-front next time. Also, a 2nd floor corner room would be the best.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunnyday23
Gabriel P, General Manager at Montauk Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Dear Guest,
I am very happy that you had a great time in Montauk and that you tried our product after staying at other hotels in the past. I sincerely apologize about the clogged sink and I assure you that the bathroom issue that you experienced was resolved. I appreciate your compliments the same way that we work hard at improving on those aspects of our operation that could benefit from your comments and suggestions.
Please, try us again this summer and don't hesitate to contact me directly the next time that you wish to come to Montauk. We will be honored to have you as our guest.

Thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed here a few weeks ago (thankfully a friend treated) and I couldnt believe what the nightly rate was! For a 2 night stay here you can travel to the caribbean for a week! Its convinently located on the beach but definitely not worth the $800/night rate.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank deevel79
Gabriel P, General Manager at Montauk Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Guest,
I hope that you had a great couple of days in Montauk and we hope to see you back soon

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I am a twenty-five year plus guest to Montauk Blue (formerly The Ocean Beach Resort) Nice, very nice! Right on the ocean, and a short walk into the hamlet. Ocean views are tops. New renovations are bright and cheery; the refrigerators are way to small, The little kitchenette has been replaced with a small fridge and microwave. That is he only drawback. The staff is nice, attentive and available. The room staff are fantastic. Nice pool and Carlos is one of the best pool people. I was here just before high season, so Montauk was still on the quiet side. Montauk Blue is excellent for families; between the beach and pool, children will enjoy themselves. Enjoy and relax!

Room Tip: If you like sleeping to the sound of the surf, take the second floor rooms as you can sleep with the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Antares P
Gabriel P, General Manager at Montauk Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Guest,
I really hope these are only the first 25 years of patronage from you and your family. I am personally very flattered that you continue to choose our Hotel for your Montauk vacations. We appreciate every single word of praise and take very much into consideration your objective comments and experienced drawbacks. I will personally congratulate Carlos on your behalf and take this opportunity to commend his outstanding service to our guests.
Thank you for giving us a chance to impress you with our new product and don't hesitate to call me directly the next time that you plan to come to Montauk.

The entire MBH family is looking forward welcoming you very soon.