All reviews hurricane alley off season marina view nautical theme small beach indoor pool resort fee main building paddle boards free shuttle adirondack chairs beautiful property second floor long island laid back fire pit private deck
Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this resort for the weekend. We wanted a little getaway from NYC to relax before the arrival of our baby.

This was the perfect spot for the occasion. The rooms are well equipped with bathrobes, mini fridge and a big tub. The restaurant food was great and each and ever staff member we encountered was helpful and professional.

Since we were visiting outside peak season there were some limitations to the resort. The spa does not do pedicures before May and some of the restaurants on the property are closed. Given how many people are here this time of year it makes sense just something to be aware of if visiting before May.

This also applies to the town of Montauk where certain shops and restaurants are closed due it not being the peak season. The benefit of this however is that it’s very quiet and you don’t need a reservation for the places that are open!

I would definitely recommend staying here if you’re looking for a quiet getaway.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here last June with my family ( my two kids were 2 and 3) we stayed in a courtyard patio room which couldn’t be more perfect for my kids! They were able to run on the grass right in front of our room. They also set up one of the many fire pits right in the courtyard which was perfect for us to roast marshmallows. We loved the pool and being right on the water. I wouldn’t recommend the marina rooms for people with kids as it was so close to the railing of the water it made me nervous just walking by with my kids. They are def a great option for couples tho. Was such a great getaway last year we are looking to visit again this June

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2018

We've been going to the MYC for years after the massive renovation and it is certainly a beautiful property, with classy bedrooms and public areas. However, the service was never up to the task and the front desk has always been a problem. Not sure how a property this caliber continues to fail in such an important area.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed April 6, 2018

This is a place you go to if you have kids and boring life. The sheets smelled like breach and room was very dusty. You can hear EVERYTHING that's going on in the hallways. Very old and outdated place. Would rather pay more and stay at Gurneys!!

Room Tip: sheets smelled like breach and room was very dusty. You can hear EVERYTHING that's going on in the hallways. Very old and outdated place
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 29, 2018

My adult daughter and I stayed here the night before we stayed at Gurney's as Gurney's was not available for the first night of our long weekend. I'm glad we did because it gave us a chance to try another place and we were very pleased with our stay. The atmosphere and decor are casual as one would expect at the beach, but there is no doubt you are in a luxury resort (though perhaps somewhat less luxury than Gurney's, though that is not major criterion for us). The room was clean and comfortable and had a balcony overlooking the lawn (picture included with this review was taken from the balcony). We ate dinner at the restaurant onsite and had some excellent seafood (don't recall what my daughter had -- she is vegetarian). There is a wonderful on-site boutique for beachy clothes and jewelry which upped the cost of the vacation especially with my daughter's interest there (don't forget your Montauk Yacht Club sweatshirts :-)) One of the most enjoyable areas was the square bar out on the patio where we had lunch the next day. It has a lively atmosphere and was just so pleasant to sit out there for lunch. I was looking for something low carb so had the deviled eggs with bacon and can definitely recommend that. I recall we had to pay some kind of resort fee when we checked out which was rather annoying as we didn't use any of the facilities there. One final comment is that we took the jitney from the Manhattan and the hotel picked us up at the stop in Montauk. I would recommend this resort to others.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family