We went to the hotel four four nights- leaving on july 4th. We had a good trip overall but there were some issues.
The good: Very kid friendly, fire pits and you can buy marshmallows there (albeit for $7 a container). I only wish the fire pit was lit at a specific time every day. The kids got used to it and i had to request it several nights and it would take some time. The beach area is nice- though small. Free paddle boats and kayaks which were fun.
The bad: Beds not that comfortable, pillows terrible, lifeguards not all that friendly and didn't seem to care about the lack of towels, beach chairs. This was even on the non-holiday nights. There was a real lack of chairs and towels. Strangely, there weren't any outdoor showers and people tracked sand throughout the hotel and in the pool. The indoor pool should have set hours- it's ridiculous it's only open in inclement weather as it's nice and warm. If it was open a few set hours a day- as opposed to not knowing if open- it would be nice.
If traveling with kids- i highly recommend beach view 1st floor. We took 2nd floor bc of concern of noise but 1st floor opens to the beach- ease for using bathroom, if you have a kid napping, snacks, etc. On the weekend - the rooms without a view overlook the bar area and could be noisy and the marina 1st floor rooms lead right out to the boats and small children unattended could easily fall in.
All in all, i'd probably go back again b/c it was great for small children. I'd avoid holidays and go w/a beach 1st floor room.
Also- a resort fee seems a bit much for what is offered- add it to the price as opposed to listing it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rich in history and tradition, The Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina, founded in 1929, is situated on 35-acres of scenic waterfront property at the East End of Long Island, New York where it has been the preferred playground for a who’s who of visitors since famed entrepreneur Carl Fisher built the original clubhouse. Today, after a multi-million dollar redesign and renovation, owner Island Global Yachting opens the new Resort & Marina to family holiday makers, wedding parties, corporate meetings and events. Montauk is a seasonal destination and the height of the season is Memorial day to Labor Day. The Montauk Yacht Club is open from March 1st until the Sunday after Thanksgiving. While Montauk is great in the off seasons and there are activities to enjoy, please note that during the winter and early spring some business in Montauk will close. Please speak to a reservation agent at Montauk Yacht Club and we will be happy to assist you with questions regarding the off season. There is still fishing! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montauk Yacht Club Resort And Marina
- Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina Hotel Montauk
- Yacht Club Montauk
- Montauk Yacht Hotel And Marina
- Montauk Yacht Resort And Marina