“Brachytherapy”

Atlantic Terrace Motel
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Beachfront corner unit wonderful full front view of ocean pool still open heated We have stayed here before in same room, room totally updated with linens tv, disappointed no micro wave in room to heat up anything have to walk down. 2 flights to laundry room

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank mema5358
There are newer reviews for Atlantic Terrace Motel

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and two toddler children decided to take a last minute Labor Day vacation. We were able to get the last room at the AT. The process was VERY smooth, from check in to check out. We event extended a night because we had such a great time.

What MADE the trip for us was the ALWAYS friendly and attentive service of Steven and his team at the Cafe. The Cafe is the focal point of the property with Steven running the show at the Cafe - he can literally make anything, remembers your name from the first order and makes you feel liek a local. We will be back!!!! Thanks Steven and the AT team.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rob I
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We booked a room at Atlantic, because we couldn't find any other availability in the area. Oh, what a terrible mistake. What happens at night there is outrageous. Drunken men screaming, laughing, trashing the place, renting one room per 4-6 people...The room is very small, poorly furnished; bathroom is tiny, and has no privacy, if the window is open, so you can be seen by anyone passing by, even on thsecond floor. It is motel, of course, but what a rundown place for over $300 a night. The ONLY plus is the location: it is right on the beach.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank opanca
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've stayed at Atlantic Terrace several times before, and I was surprised and saddened that my recent stay there was so unsatisfying. I'm not saying I'd never go again, but i don't know if it would be my hotel of choice. For one, the room block I stayed in - at $375 a night - had painfully tiny rooms which - although reported to have been recently renovated - did not look renovated. There were cracks where the shower met the wall, everything felt dingy and old, it smelled odd, and my room was filled with bugs. I felt like I was sleeping outside. Big bugs, small bugs, spiders, flying bugs...I felt very creepy crawly and could not relax or sleep well because of it. My balcony overlooked a noisy courtyard and was also apparently a bug magnet. Also, I was by myself and a little uncomfortable with the locks on the unit doors. There was not a deadbolt or chain, just a knob lock. I didn't care for that. Maybe none of this would have bothered me if I hadn't stayed in another Montauk hotel a month later, where the room was double the size, completely modern and updated, bug free, clean, with a full kitchen and couch and flat screen tv, MUCH cleaner and modern bathroom, cleaner bigger salt water pool, sauna, and offered fantastic ocean views and beach access for $345 a night as opposed to the $400 a night Atlantic Terrace was asking for a garden view room at the same time. It seems like for that much money they could make more of an effort to update...my room had a tiny box tv that looked taped to the ceiling corner. Not that I was there to watch tv, but still...it seems like it was too expensive for what it is, and I definitely felt I got more value for my buck elsewhere.

That being said, the location IS extremely convenient, with just a set of stairs separating you from the beach. The pool is ok, the cafe is good and well stocked (although I didn't have anything cooked there, but the menu was extensive, varied, and yummy, albeit expensive which seems to be the norm in Montauk nowadays), the views are amazing, and the staff seemed very friendly. In fact, while my room did feel grungy and gross, it wasn't because of the maid service. The maid service was thorough and very efficient. The problem was with the room. So while it would not be my first choice, I wouldn't say I would never stay there again. Maybe in the off season, when it's not so expensive. And I'll never stay there alone again. I went there to relax and came home more stressed out from worrying over the locks all night. Also, it was very noisy every night and teenagers seemed to run wild. I never had a disappointing stay at Atlantic Terrace before this and I sincerely hope if I go there again, I don't have a negative repeat experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Laura S
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I just spent two wonderful nights at the Atlantic Terrace. The laid back atmosphere was relaxing and refreshing. I love going luxury but this experience was truly just as special. The location is exquisite. The views were breath taking. It is a family resort but we were comfortable as adult couples. I saw all ages. Unlike some reviews, I found the staff to be very accommodating. Our room overlooked a courtyard that had tables with umbrellas. We love meeting there to share beverages and light meals. The room is tiny, but clean and functional. I loved it and I will return. It was like an old-fashioned, unpretentious hotel from a less complicated time. Try it!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room on the courtyard!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We just returned from a two night stay at the Atlantic Terrace. The location was amazing and the accommodations were laid back and comfortable. Our room overlooked a courtyard with patio tables. Each day we would meet our friends for a light meal or beverage in between spending time on the beautiful beach. While I love 5 star hotels, I also loved this little place. Our room had been newly renovated. It was tiny, clean and functional. The beauty of AT is the location and the casual vibe. Staff was lovely. I didn't experience any rudeness as described in some of the reviews. Our friends have visited several times and they love this hotel, but they did once have an experience when the hotel was rented to a large group who made a lot of noise. When I book my next visit, I will inquire about whether there is a group event going on. We did not have that experience. The Cafe was open this morning and I loved the food and staff at the Atlantic Terrace Cafe. Great breakfast sandwiches. I thought this was an old fashioned family hotel and I will definitely return!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have to say that when my husband and I arrived (our first time here) we were greeted by someone who was not interested in helping us find the lobby and where to park. We get to the lobby to check in and there is no place to park. I go inside to ask the receptionist where to park, she tells me that I have to park blocks away till the official check in! I said I just needed some information because we had never stayed here before. She was rude and could care less about helping me. She said we would be towed away if we parked on the property before checking in! I have never had an experience like this before. However, the room we stayed in was very clean with a very comfortable bed. We had a stall shower in our bathroom... Soon tiny. The pool was nice. The cafe food was good, but it is also too small and crazy busy. Needs to be bigger to accommodate people, ie. families.

Room Tip: Don't settle for a small room , b/c the shower is tiny! Also get a room that you can see the w...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple