“Lovely stay on the beach” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atlantic Terrace Motel

Atlantic Terrace Motel
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
New York City
“Lovely stay on the beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here last August and my parents returned here this year. The rooms were in remarkably good shape for a medium-price hotel on the beach. Two comfortable queen beds with room to fit in a mattress for a child. Great service and good food at the cafe and a fun family culture in the garden rooms. Beach location is great, but the hotel is an extra few block walk to town. Small pool is well-located for an easy swim after wrestling with Montauk's awesome waves. In fairness to luxury hotels we've visited, four stars is as high as we'll go on AT, but it's a great family option for Montauk.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank NewYorkerRedoux

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

There isn't a better view in all of Montauk!! It's a hidden gem. Prices are so reasonable. Staff is so accommodating and helpful. Snack bar is delicious and they have everything - so fresh and tons of choices.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Bye813
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is my 4th summer staying at the Atlantic Terrace in Montauk and it just keeps getting better. The new front entrance looks great, much more up-to-date. My room was nice and clean. There was new artwork on the wall and it looked like a brand new carpet. Very simple, with just the essentials, but that's all we needed since we were out enjoying town and the beach all day. Not everything looks new, but still very clean. Town is close enough to walk, but also has a convenient cafe at the hotel if you don't feel like walking to town. Wide range of menu options, somewhat expensive, but similar in price to other places in town. I suggest getting up early to enjoy the beach while it's quiet before the crowds roll in. I had my coffee on the new stadium seating overlooking the ocean! It can get really busy around the pool area and hard to find a lounge chair, but there was plenty of beach to lounge on. And now you can rent umbrellas and chairs down on the beach. Staff was always friendly and they do a good job keeping the courtyard and decks clean. Overall great experience. I will be making a reservation in a beachfront room again for next year. You can't beat the view!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

This is my family's 12 th summer in a row staying at the Atlantic terrace. The rooms are always clean, freshly painted and renovated from the sometimes harsh winters.
We've been vacationing in Montauk since 1978, the Terrace is the best. Beautiful ocean views and a friendly, attentive staff make for a relaxing, fun getaway.
Sadly, we vacationed here last year while my father was terminally ill. The GM, Colin, and his staff went above and beyond to help us and provide us with anything we needed for a safe comfortable stay. Making the best of our situation!
Don't let the "new" Montauk deter you. The Terrace is never booked with Rowdy guests. The property is incredibly safe.
I highly recommend the Atlantic Terrace. We hope to vacation here many many years to come!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Rosemichie
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We book our stay in February for every July 4th weekend at Atlantic Terrace. When we arrived this year, the first thing I noticed was the new entrance, I almost didn't think it was the same place we have stayed for the past 10 years! It looks great and the updates didn't end there-the room we stayed in-an oceanview right on the beach-was also recently updated and had a very comfortable, clean, cozy feeling. The motel is within walking distance to town-even with 2 little kids, it was an enjoyable walk. We grabbed a few meals at the motel's cafe which had a very extensive menu and was not costly when compared to prices in town. We've never had a problem during any of our stays, the staff has always been very considerate and accommodating and I am already looking forward to next year's vacation!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Kelly M
Simsbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was the first trip I took with my small child and it was a pleasant experience. They helped me to my room with my bags because I had my hands full with my baby. The room was very nice and clean and had a great view of the ocean. The staff was great, they brought extra towels in no time and the gentleman in the cafe was great! The pool was nice and there was enough room to setup a small tent for the baby. One thing that would add to the pool is to offer cushions for the chairs. It was a nice distance to the beach and to town. Overall a good family experience and will go back again next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kerry C
Sag Harbor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Looking for a good place to stay this is it, great surf break, nice pool and close to everything. Very friendly staff with a great atmosphere. I would recommend to anyone looking to get away for the weekend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends