“good music, mediocre food”
Review of 668 The Gigshack

668 The Gigshack
Ranked #5 of 115 Restaurants in Montauk
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, International, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Description: Family Run, Fun and energetic scene with Great food and a Great Bar! Outdoor seating right in the Heart of montauk town that is great for people watching, or enjoying all the live music over a drink!
Reviewed April 24, 2018

This place was a disappointment, because it had good reviews. The place was cold, because the door would not close. The menu is slim. I ordered the lobster roll, only to be told they’re out of lobster rolls. My daughter had the mussels in wine sauce and I got the mussels in Thai chili sauce. Both were generous portions, but the flavor was mediocre. The peppers in mind did not constitute what I would think of as Thai chili. However, the music had a really great vibe and made it an enjoyable experience overall.

1  Thank Kamander

Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

We went there for dinner and had 2 drinks at the bar rum and ginger ale. Drinks were all ice no alcohol for 11.00 each. I had the lobster roll which was good but was 35.00 for the roll and chips. Also ordered the appetizer which was 1 empanada for 10. My boy friend had the seafood dish which was supposed to have monk fish but had 2 small pieces in it for 32. We have eaten at some very high end restaurants in nyc and never felt this ripped off. Don’t waste your money

Reviewed October 30, 2017

$35 for a lobster roll? On the lunch menu? Ridiculous.

In fairness, the food was high quality, but even for Montauk the prices are just completely over the top. I ordered the blackened fish sandwich for lunch, which was good albeit a bit small. However, despite the $20 price tag, it did not come with any fries or chips, and I had to order a $7 cone of French fries to make a meal of it.

Bottom line, we have no complaints about the food, but my wife and I ended up spending $65 on a lunch that should've cost like $45, even in Montauk. Due to the high prices, I would not return.

1  Thank NYTravelerBD
Reviewed October 26, 2017

My scallops were so delicious. They make a good cocktail too.
A bit noisy with the big TV on which overpowered the room. But the Yankees were in the playoffs so I didn't mind.

Reviewed October 20, 2017

Took my mom for lunch and she was wowed by how good her food was. Sat outside and it was a lovely day. Go every year for a few lunches and dinners. Fresh quality seafood all the way.