“Good food - Great, fresh sushi”

Inlet Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 108 Restaurants in Montauk
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Went to Inlet on a rainy Sunday for some lunch with friends. One friend ordered the eggs benedict brunch special. Said the eggs were overcooked but the taste was good overall (great hollandaise). Other friend got fish tacos that were good. I ordered the goat cheese salad (very yummy) and hubby ordered the fish and chips which were yummy and plentiful. We also ordered blue crab sushi roll for appetizer that was fresh and delicious. Hubby not a sushi fan and he even enjoyed it. Overall, a good lunch experience. Would probably return.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Awesome seafood, and excellent views of the water!

1  Thank Shaggynpa
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Tried this restaurant twice...first meal was amazing, we sat indoors by a window facing the harbor inlet..i had lobster,wife had scallops/sweet potato puree, daughter had skirt steak..excellent quality,huge portions[though wifes dish was skimpy]...expensive cocktails but they are generous with the liqour..excellent dessert..love the second floor view!!!!....second visit wasnt as memorable as the ice machine broke...clams and drinks were room temp[yuck]....food was just ok as the place was packed and they seemed overwelmed...beautiful sunset from outside table.

1  Thank mcx
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I really appreciate a quality meal.Living in NYC most of my life, I have grown accustomed to great food. While visitng Montauk, I decided to try the Inlet. It is quite possibly the worst seafood experience in recent memory. The sushi rolls were not to my liking or my friends (fish was thickly cut). In addition, I had a seared tuna steak that was low quality piece of fish. It was tough and grizzled. Not what I expected from a retaurant owned by commercial fisherman. Save your money and try a different location.

inletseafood, Guest Relations Manager at Inlet Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2011

Dear PickyTraveler,
I'm terribly sorry that you and your party were unhappy with your food choices. We strive at Inlet Seafood to make every customer happy.
Traditional rolls can either be Hosomaki (thin rolls) or Futomaki (thick rolls) and while we do not offer a preference for one over the other, if you had asked your server for their description, or made a request of the sushi chef, perhaps we could have made a roll more to your liking. In general, we like to give our customers an ample plate. We try to adhere to the traditional sushi cut of 1/8th of an inch for our fish, but if we do err on occasion, it is to give the customer more, not less. Our apologies.
Re the seared tuna, none of our fish purchased is a low grade, in fact in the summer we often get our tuna daily from local fishermen that have been to the Canyons sometimes same day. If your fish was grizzled, I wish you had alerted the manager or server as we would have righted the situation, as clearly this was an anomaly. Anytime a customer is unhappy with their meal, we strive to right the situation immediately. If you had alerted us, we would have done our best to make you happy.
While clearly you were not satisfied at Inlet, I would hope that you would be willing to give Inlet another try, and if you do so, to contact us via the Trip Advisor message feature so that we can make sure your next meal at Inlet is all that you wish for.
Sincerely
Inlet Seafood Management

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Husband and I visited during the first week of June on saturday night. The wait was about 40 mins. There is a large area downstairs with couches and view of the water - we saw the sunset while waiting. We tried the lobster bisque, clam chowder, spicy yellowtail sushi, scallops with sweet potatoe puree and swiss chard and fish tacos. Everything was delicious, super fresh and perfectly cooked. Scallops were perfectly seared. Price was worth it for the quality and service.

3  Thank annaaas