Daunt's Albatross Motel
Hero Beach Club(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$203
$185
Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$152
Beach Plum Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$139
Kenny's Tipperary Inn(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$109
Hotels.com
Surf Club Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$154
$134
Montauk Blue Hotel(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$119
Ocean Surf Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$189
$179
Sun 'N' Sound(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$133
Hotwire.com
Montauk Manor(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$155
TripAdvisor
All reviewsoff seasona family run businesscentral locationshort walk to the beachbbq areamini kitchenwould stay againclean roomsmiddle of towna wonderful staytwo blocksacross the streetbeautiful poolgreat roommany yearsvisiting montauklocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Well from my previous postings you can see I have stayed in a lot of places in Montauk. Daunts Albatross was a wonderful surprise. A week of fun, sun & some rain, with a small hotel in the heart of it all. Luxury? No. Perfect for the beach goer? Absolutely!!!! Loved just about everything about this place. The beds were comfortable. I had a double bed and a single bed. The rooms were clean and the maid service impeccable. These girls give the hotel a very good name. I have already booked my trip for next year there. It's just behind Pizza Village. I was in the West building with a terrace view of Montauk Manor and the pool. My friends stayed in the East building so I got to see what both were like. My room was small in comparison. The pool is a large size and very very clean. I saw them testing the waters to check the levels. They have lovely picnic areas and a very nice breakfast included with the price of the hotel. I am so glad I was able to stay here and I really recommend this understated but very clean hotel.

Reviewed May 20, 2009

first of all I would like to say how rude the people were their and that is mainly why i am writting this. When I first called about me and my friends just going for the night the receptionist simply sai "we dont do that:" and hung up on me....I am 25 years old and maybe because I sound youngier she did that but regardless it was extremely rude. The treatment we got there was just horrile, and its not something you want to deal with on a vacation.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We will be going back this year for our 3rd year. If you are looking for a Montauk getaway, you need to realize that MOST of these hotels/motels are old, weathered & beachy! Going to Montauk, its basically a "step-up" from camping. You have a decent room, bed & you are indoors. They have an outdoor pool which is always refreshing and there is a courtyard area that you can BBQ (they supply the charcoal or gas) . You can spend the day on the beach and walk back to the room, if you need, too. They allow night-time bonfires on the beach, which are awesome!! The town has shopping & restaurants. Daunts has always been neat & clean..its a family atmosphere...we get the efficiency rooms which have a stove, fridge & microwave. It even has pots, pans for cooking. During the month of July & i think August they supply a complimentary breakfast (fresh fruit, bagels, cereal, juices, coffee, tea) in the courtyard area. It is a half-block to the beach in one direction and a half-block in the other direction to town. It is the BEST LOCATION!! I would highly recommend Daunts...its a great relaxing getaway!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank jmc2009
Reviewed August 28, 2008

The location is fantastic - centrally located, very close to the ocean and to the restaurants of the village of Montauk. The staff at the Alabatross is very friendly; the owners are lovely people. Any concern of ours was a concern of theirs. The room was cleaned daily and very well. They have a pool, though we preferred the ocean, many guests enjoyed swimming there and seemed to have fun. We had a great vacation! The Albatross is a great place to be, and great for your budget.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 19, 2008

This was our first year at Daunte's Albatross Motel and I was quite pleased. We are a group of 21 people, teens & adults, we have been going to Montauk for 10 years and this hotel suited our needs. We go for the beach, the room is secondary, but compared to the other overpriced, ocean front motels, the Albatross is the best bet. Yes, I missed the ocean view, but for 1/2 the price, and a clean, larger room, I'll just wait for the ocean to move closer to the motel!!! Short walk to ocean and town. Motel is family owned and you are treated with respect as a guest. The free breakfast is nice but nothing to count on, unless you like a snack for breakfast. The children's area is not a place I would let any of my children play and they should just either make it a parking lot or put out more picnic benches. They have a pool but we prefer the beach. I already booked for next year.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MaryAnneMc