“awesome time”
Review of A Wave Inn

A Wave Inn
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed June 10, 2010

My friends and I came here as a last minute get away and we had an amazing time! Our rooms were great, they were clean and a lot larger than i had expected.. the only problem I had was in my bathroom the window would not shut.. other than that it is in the perfect location two seconds from the beach and town! I do agree with some reviews the beds were a bit too firm and the complimentary breakfast wasnt great.. but other than that we had an awesome time

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 6, 2010

my wife and i decided last minute to go down to montauk for the weekend .we drove by a wave inn without a reservation. after speaking to the girl at the desk and looking around we booked the room .i must say it was just great !! the room was much larger than the other motels on the strip,the help was sweet and very accomadating .after the day at the beach we were able to chill out at the pool. it was just great . very relaxing which is what we needed!! DEFINITE WINNER,FAIR RATES ,CLEAN LARGE ROOM,NICE STAFF.VERY IMPRESSED!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank JJPARKER98
Reviewed February 5, 2010

i was looking up montauk motels when i came accross this site.my family and i spent a few days last august at a wave inn and we had agreat experiance! the room was very clean ,its also twice as large as the othe motels on the strip. manager farod was excellent and accomodating! i dont understand the other reviews ??the pool was clean and the kids had fun .

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2009

A Wave Inn was more than I expected. My friend stayed for 2 nights and I 1 night. We all had our kids with us. The rooms are very roomy. 2 double beds (very firm mattresses if you like that), 1 futon like couch, efficiency (no stove) and a roomy bathroom. The staff was courteous. When I asked for the room they were booked but put me on a list. They called me as soon as someone cancelled. I thought it was a decent price considering everything else in town was the same or more. For what you get I have seen worse for more. Outside was lovely with spacious tables and chairs and a nice pool but a little small. It is 2 short blocks from the Hampton Jitney and in the heart of it all behind the Pizza Village. Ample Parking All in all it was a nice experience and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We stayed at this Motel for 2 nights last year. We were unable to find any other accomodations so we settled on a Wave Inn. The location is great right in the center of town and a half block walk to the ocean. The room was not what we expected for almost 300 hunded a night. The bath was dirty and very small. The carpets were filfthy,no security lock on the door and the shade in the bedroom was a few inches short in width giving any other people a full view into the bedroom. The breakfast which is included was plastic wrapped muffins and a gallon of milk sitting out. The pool closed at 6 p.m which is unacceptable in a beach community.
When I arrived home I wrote a letter to address these concerns . I was then contacted by the generasl manager Farod who was very understanding and stated that he would look into and address these concerns. He then guarenteed me a free night stay this summer when we returned. We have been calling for the past week to speak to Farod who does still work here according to other staff. He has refused to call back to confirm our reservation. So we decided to check this site and see that there are many other negitive reviews on this motel including bed bugs and there research into bed bug infiltration. Well thanks anyway Farod were going to Cape May insead.
It should be noted that this motel is affiliated with Dune Resorts which own several resorts in Montauk. Beware Beware Beware.........................

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Like many of the recent reviewers, I too was skeptical of staying here because of the previous reported incidents. I spoke to management prior to booking and was assured that they had taken action to investigate and correct any suspected issues. Based on their findings, there was no evidence of the claim after hiring professionals to treat the area and bring in specialized dogs to find any bed bugs.

I found the hotel to be what I expected, a no frills Motel in a beach area. We stayed in one of their 2 room suites with a private bedroom and full bed and futon in the common area. The room was large enough for 6 guests and was convenient to lots of activites. The bathroom was a little small and was somewhat updated with a low cost "renovation". The stall shower was extremely small and would not be comfortable for anyone that is claustrophobic or is a little larger, luckily none of our party fell in either category. Location is about a five minute drive from several yacht clubs/marinas from which we left for a fishing charter. There were also several places to eat within walking distance or a short drive and decent bars and night life. One of the most convenient details was the beach down the street with plenty of action. The breakfast wasn't anything to write home about, some bad coffee and prepackaged muffins, but we weren't staying there for the breakfast. For what it was, the price seemed a little steep at about $200 a night, but it was also the best deal I could find for the size of the room and being onveniently located to just about everything.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2009

As one of the previous comments indicated I too was a bit skeptical of staying here after reading some of the previous posts and claims of bed bugs. The staff was more than helpful and put my mind at ease before I got there regarding the bed bugs even faxing me a copy of the exterminators report indicating that the hotel was found to be clean. If you are expecting a Marriott or something similar yes you will be dissapointed. The Inn was not the cleanest and the bathrooms need some work but for a no frills Inn within walking distance to the beach and town it was more than sufficient. Regarding the price....yes it was a bit pricey for what you get but I defy you to find a much better deal anywhere during the busiest season in Montauk. Would recommend for a short visit.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family