“Met my expectations”
Review of A Wave Inn

A Wave Inn
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed July 27, 2009

As one of the previous comments indicated I too was a bit skeptical of staying here after reading some of the previous posts and claims of bed bugs. The staff was more than helpful and put my mind at ease before I got there regarding the bed bugs even faxing me a copy of the exterminators report indicating that the hotel was found to be clean. If you are expecting a Marriott or something similar yes you will be dissapointed. The Inn was not the cleanest and the bathrooms need some work but for a no frills Inn within walking distance to the beach and town it was more than sufficient. Regarding the price....yes it was a bit pricey for what you get but I defy you to find a much better deal anywhere during the busiest season in Montauk. Would recommend for a short visit.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 16, 2009

beds are awful like a wooden plank, bathroom very sad, no view, bright light on all night before window so it looks like daylight, all terribly poorly maintained, just a coat of paint to make it all seem in order. complementary breakfast my ....., it was just cookies and coffee in a disgusting room. Overall atmosphere: spooky! but still they charge over $ 200 a night!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2009

I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and was somewhat concerned about staying at A Wave Inn for the 4th July weekend so I called the hotel ahead of my stay and spoke with the manager Farod and Nakisha one of the staff. Both were very attentive and understood my concerns. They were extremely helpful on the phone and did their utmost to ensure that everything was OK.
It turned out that I had absolutely nothing to worry about - The hotel was clean, in a superb location, with good sized rooms and very well run. It was reasonably priced, and easily within walking distance to the town center and beach. You really don't need to hire a car if you stay here, it's a short taxi ride from the railroad station and you can hire bicycles nearby if you want to get around on your own.
I definitely didn't have the problems that some of the earlier reviews here suggest and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2009

I also stayed at this hotel and unexpectedly got bed bugs after sleeping in the bed. Management has not been helpful in any way, completely disgusted and disappointed. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL EVER

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
cortezz06, Manager at A Wave Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2009

TripAdvisor AWI bedbugs

We are writing in response to the recent posting regarding a bedbug complaint by guests who have stayed at our facility. The incident was reported to us three days after the guests departed the property. Research on bed bugs indicates that they cannot survive exposure to temperatures below freezing for more than a couple of days. Our facility is seasonal and closed throughout the winter, with no heat. The winter of 2009 was extremely cold with many consecutive days below freezing. The guests who posted this complaint were the first guests to occupy the room this season. Subsequent to receiving their report, we engaged the services of an inspection company who provided canine inspection of the facility they have provided the attached letter indicating a clean inspection. Customers have stayed in the unit subsequent to their departure with no complaints of insects at all. We can only assume that the source of the problem was someplace other than our facility.

Reviewed June 17, 2009

I just recently stayed at "A Wave Inn" with some girls for a bachelorette party. The room was musty and dirty, but it was close to the beach so we sucked it up. A few days later my friend and I broke out in red, itchy bites all over our body-BED BUGS. The hotel manager is a jerk and is denying everything and refuses to refund our money. Now my friend and I have to have our houses exterminated and dry clean all of our clothes. It is lots of money. Worst hotel EVER.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends

TripAdvisor AWI bedbugs

Reviewed November 3, 2008

I never write reviews but I had to warn you. This place is disgusting!! There were dirty bandages and q-tips lying around the property. Utterly gross- the rooms and the property. And to add insult to injury they never refunded our $20 key deposit even after several phone calls where they promised to send it. Absolutely nothing good to say about this place. Do yourself a favor and don't go as there are many other places that are so much nicer like Ocean Resort Inn across the way.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed August 24, 2008

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!
My girlfriend recently booked a room at the Wave Inn about 3 weeks ago for saturday, August 23rd. They took down her name, phone number and address. We have been planning this weekend get away for about a month. I am a police officer in connecticut and she lives on Long Island and it is hard to get to see each other. I made the trip to LI to pick her up and drive out to Montauk for the day/night. The day before we left, August 22nd she received a phone call confirming her reservation. She informed the lady that she would still be coming. She was asked if she was near a fax machine, and she was working (as a life guard) so she could not get to one but offered to give her credit card information over the phone, but the lady declined and said it would not be a problem. Saturday morning when are car was packed and we were more then half way there we received a phone call by Steaurt the manager who basically told us he is canceling our reservation. My girlfriend was confused and gave the phone to me. I can honestly say I have never dealt with a more ruder person in my life. He offered very little information on what happen to our room and why he was canceling our reservation except for the fact that it should of been paid for weeks ago. My girlfriend was never asked once to pre pay for the room. He hung up on me twice and refused to talk to me as a person. We did nothing wrong, if there was a misunderstanding it was on his or his staff's end. He never once apologized or offered any type of help or alternative. How this man landed in the position of manager is beyond me. My girlfriend and I were extremely disrespected and we didn't do anything wrong. This man should be dealt with and I can only hope this doesn't happen to anybody else planning a nice weekend in Montauk.

• Stayed: August 2008