“DO NOT GO!!!!”
Review of A Wave Inn

A Wave Inn
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed November 3, 2008

I never write reviews but I had to warn you. This place is disgusting!! There were dirty bandages and q-tips lying around the property. Utterly gross- the rooms and the property. And to add insult to injury they never refunded our $20 key deposit even after several phone calls where they promised to send it. Absolutely nothing good to say about this place. Do yourself a favor and don't go as there are many other places that are so much nicer like Ocean Resort Inn across the way.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed August 24, 2008

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!
My girlfriend recently booked a room at the Wave Inn about 3 weeks ago for saturday, August 23rd. They took down her name, phone number and address. We have been planning this weekend get away for about a month. I am a police officer in connecticut and she lives on Long Island and it is hard to get to see each other. I made the trip to LI to pick her up and drive out to Montauk for the day/night. The day before we left, August 22nd she received a phone call confirming her reservation. She informed the lady that she would still be coming. She was asked if she was near a fax machine, and she was working (as a life guard) so she could not get to one but offered to give her credit card information over the phone, but the lady declined and said it would not be a problem. Saturday morning when are car was packed and we were more then half way there we received a phone call by Steaurt the manager who basically told us he is canceling our reservation. My girlfriend was confused and gave the phone to me. I can honestly say I have never dealt with a more ruder person in my life. He offered very little information on what happen to our room and why he was canceling our reservation except for the fact that it should of been paid for weeks ago. My girlfriend was never asked once to pre pay for the room. He hung up on me twice and refused to talk to me as a person. We did nothing wrong, if there was a misunderstanding it was on his or his staff's end. He never once apologized or offered any type of help or alternative. How this man landed in the position of manager is beyond me. My girlfriend and I were extremely disrespected and we didn't do anything wrong. This man should be dealt with and I can only hope this doesn't happen to anybody else planning a nice weekend in Montauk.

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed August 17, 2008

We just returned from an overnight stay at A Wave Inn with our 3 kids. The place sounded glorious on their website, and the TripAdvisor reviews were okay, so we booked a "deluxe studio" for over $300 (with tax) for one night. The property is shabby and motel-ish. The beds were uncomfortable (none of us slept well) and the bathroom was miniscule. In the bathroom, the sink didn't drain proprly without holding the drain plug up and the cover of the radiator coil was missing, which could be a real hazard in the winter (if there's anbody staying there then).

The surrounding properties looked equally shabby, so maybe that's what you get on a peak weekend in Montauk for $300, but we've done much better, price- and cleanliness-wise, in chain hotels on our other vacations, Unfortunately, choices are more limited this far out on Long Island.

We will not be returning to A Wave Inn..

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 13, 2008

PROS:
- Less than one minute walk to the beach
- Clean, nice pool
- Pleasant staff
- Room fairly clean\
- Only a two night minimum instead of the standard three

CONS:
- Room 19 is dingy and has two tiny windows facing the road (view nonexistent)
- Old & a little musty
- Decor needs an update
- A little expensive for what it is at $200+ per night

The staff, while very polite & helpful, called repeatedly to sort out issues ranging from our room being given away and wanting us to switch (we were happy to oblige -- these things happen) to them calling and harassing us for payment in the middle of our trip (not so nice). I'm accustomed to paying at the beginning or end of my stay, not in the middle.

All in all, A Wave Inn is a good choice for Montauk because there aren't a lot of places there that are better than this (proximity to the beautiufl beach and restaurants / hotel has a nice pool). But I might try something else next time.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2008

My family and i stayed at a wave inn it was fun 40% larger room then the other motels we stayed at before in montauk. very clean comfortable amazing staff and service. great location 30 ft from beach and center of town. didnt need to drive much. two thumbs up !!

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed January 3, 2008

Some friends and I decided to do a bike trip to Montauk but were pretty lax in making hotel reservations for when we got there. A Wave Inn was one of the last and cheapest places we could find that would have us.

When we rolled up, the ladies running the place were super-accommodating and let us into a downstairs room where we could put all of our bikes. Then, the next day... they let us keep our rooms into the afternoon even though we had only reserved rooms for one night. That way we could hang out on beach longer before we left to go get on the train.

The place itself is kind of shabby, and the pool wasn't heated and they seemed to close it at like 8... but aside from that I thought it was a great experience and would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank barry_bonsoir
Reviewed September 30, 2007

Could not have found a better hotel. A Wave Inn is definitely the place to be, great location to Montauk village and beach! Great Staff...Sarah and her team give personalized service and gave there undivided attention to our needs. We were a party of 5 and made a request for one room and we were offered an upgrade to accomodate the full party. Great!!! Can't wait to book again next year. Sarah is well informed with what is going on in the community and can recommend up to the minute places to go or things to do while you are there. This hotel is closed for off season, and advised us of the other Dune Resort hotels that are available year round.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends