“Just a few small improvements needed”
Review of A Wave Inn

A Wave Inn
Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Just a few small improvements needed”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We just spent a week at A Wave Inn, room 19, which is a Deluxe Studio Efficiency, good size. We chose it because of the good location, the pool, and it was less expensive than the oceanfront motels. After our first shower which was little more than a dribble, we knew there was no way we could put up with this for a whole week, considering we were paying $200+/day. We realized it was not the water pressure-it was the water-saving showerhead. The 2nd day I had to take a bath in order to rinse the shampoo from my hair. On the 3rd day we went to the Hardware store in town and bought a $5 s/head and replaced it using a wrench my husband had in the car. It was now 100%better. So if there is still a white plastic s/head in there you have us to thank.

Another annoying thing was the bed was so hard it was only slightly better than sleeping on the floor. We had a rough first night. If there was a Wal-mart in Montauk I would have purchased a cheap foam topper. We had a closet but no hangars. We had trouble with the cable going in and out the first couple days, but on the 3rd day when it went totally out we reported it and they had the Cable guy come the next day and fix it.

They don't tell you how to connect to the Wi-Fi so we asked the girl at the front desk and she said we have to be Cablevision subscribers and use our own Password! ??! Well, we're not, so she wrote something down to "try" but of course it didn't work. My husband played around and hooked onto somebody's unprotected Gateway, so we got internet but it was slow. You don't feel too confident after talking to the young-ish employees at the front desk.

On the plus side, the maid service is good, our room was painted and updated, large dresser, decent carpet, updated kitchen, full-size fridge, coffeemaker w/filters included, bring your own coffee. The bathroom had a mirror, it was fine with the exception of the shower. The pool area is nice. Any noise from other guests is blocked out by our constantly running room A/C, so we weren't bothered by any outside noise.

We liked being walking distance to Main St. and the beach. If the mattress was better, we'd go back there again. We had a nice vacation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Birdie2275

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I have never been anywhere that has been less accomodating in my life. They gave us the smallest room even though we booked a 2 bedroom suite and refused to upgrade us ( because they were overbooked) and refused to refund us unless someone else would come and book the room. Are you kiddding????? The carpet was wet, i could stand in the bathtub and the kitchen at the same time. Yea, that small. If you want an enjoyable time on your vacation please avert your eyes even if you walk past the wave inn. TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Vaclovr

Travelers are raving about these Montauk hotels

McAllen, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2012

MY wife and kids spend log weekends in Montauk almost every year. We usuallyu stay at the Beachcomber and have also stayed a the Montauk Manor. Both are very nice places but outside of town. This year, we thought we would do something different and stay closer to the town and beach. I researched a number of places (they fill up quickly in the summer) and found A Wave Inn. One block off the beach and clean, no frills accomodations which was exactly what we wanted since we do not spemnd a lot of time in our rooms when we are in Montauk. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. My wife and I brought our bikes and parked them in our room for the stay. The pool is clean and quiet. The best of all was that my kids had to get back on Sunday night for work on Monday morning but my wife was off and wanted to stay Sunday night. When I explained this to the front desk, they offered us a free third night! This is a promotion that is not always advertised and the Manager (Sasha) could have easily charged us for the extra night especially last minute. If nothing else, this minor accomodation for my wife and I convinced us to come back again and again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Queens, NY
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I just got back from my weekend in Montauk with the family. We stayed in the A Wave Inn. While this hotel is not the Ritz-Carlton, and I did not expect it to be, I found the rooms to be clean and spacious. I was also very pleased with the pool area and enjoyed it very much. If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Montauk then I would certainly refer you to this hotel.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2012

When taking the family on vacation there is one thing that is a must, a really nice pool. I researched reasonably priced hotels and came across this one. The pictures of the pool looked good and there were other reviewers saying the rooms were spacious (another bonus for my family of 5). After staying at this hotel, I would have to agree that the room was spacious as well as clean and the pool was pretty nice, the kids really loved it. Good overall experience and I would stay here again.

Brooklyn
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I needed a place that offered free WiFi as I was headed in for business. A Wave Inn provided that as well as a nice pool and a clean spacious room. As a business traveler I am not too picky but was very happy with my accommodation's. There are also pretty nice restaurants in the area. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
new york
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I was hoping to write a good review, being most of the time spent there was good, until the end, the rooms have space, clean enough, smell from the back side of hotel came in through bathroom, no mirror in bathroom, pool average , could have used more towels ..and finally terrible customer service skills by the manager Sasha Williams ... her employee gave out the wrong information to me and the manager took it out on me, the customer, even after the employee said he told us the wrong information, she then proceeded to tried and charge me more and didn't let down and stated the hotel went out of there way for me already... well that will be the last time i stay there .... thanks for ruining it ...

3 Thank pasmith19