“worst experience ever”
Review of A Wave Inn

A Wave Inn
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed July 6, 2011

first i want to state have been to montauk millions of times and love it..i booked the wave inn for a long 4th with our family.. hotel would have been good except it was over run by a group of 20 year olds who were allowed to take over the place..i spoke to mangement numerous times to no avail.. there waw loud drinking til 1 am in pool area which all rooms overlook and the accoustics are great. the last night i could stomach to stay there was a pool party til 5:00 am which ended up with a broken fence and beer cans all over pool area and in pool.. the biggest problem they have is they say they have secutity to eleminate these issues but i found out he (yes one security ) covers 2 places.. you can not and should not leave a hotel with paying guests alone from 11 pm til 9 am with a note on the door.. this is the first bad review i have ever written but i have to say that speaking to the manger was like speaking to wall and got us no where. the group of rooms causing all the problems should have been thrown out. it ruined what would have been a great wkend.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mom2manyJersey

Reviewed June 6, 2011

My husband and I went on a quick weekend trip to Montauk and had such a wonderful time! I spent summers here with my family as a kid, and was excited to come back and introduce the town to my husband. A Wave Inn was the perfect place for us to stay - seconds away from key parts of town on one side (such as Anthony's and the mini golf course) and the beach on the other side, plus our own pool right outside our room. If you're looking for extreme luxury, this is not the place for you, but if you're looking for convenience, good service, and clean and pleasent accomodations, then you will have just as great a time as we did. When we go back to Montauk, we wouldn't hesitate to stay again!

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LBorrelli
Reviewed May 23, 2011

The A-wave Inn is the best hotel in Montauk, the location is great (right near the beach) and the staff was very accommodating. I have been to many great hotels in matauk but the Wave Inn takes the cake. My friends and I had a blast. Thanks A-wave Inn!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sam424
Reviewed May 15, 2011

We were looking for a clean affordable place to stay in Montauk and we wanted to be near the ocean. A Wave Inn was just that. In comparison to our other family vacations, this vacations highlight was the return back from the beach to our cozy room. Thank you to all at A Wave Inn.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank JulyandPhil
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I am extremely happy I found A Wave Inn of Montauk. The property was really nice, rooms were clean and well kept, large too!

Even though I did not need to go to the beach for my stay, the property was only a block from the beach, as well as being within walking distance to restaurants, bars, and so-on.

The staff was pleasant and went above and beyond to make my stay an "A+" one.

I highly recommend A Wave Inn to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank cw1982
Reviewed September 7, 2010

DO NOT GO HERE!! I reserved this resort only by looking at pictures from their website. The pictures looked nice and the resort was very close to the beach. So we reserved the "2" master room and we found out that there is only 1 room!! The manager there claimed that living room with the kitchen is counted as a room and that is why that place is "called" 2 master room. Maybe we just misunderstood what "room" means but they should have told us when we reserved the room that there is only 1 BEDROOM!

Also, we planned on cooking all the meals throughout the trip. However, so called "full kitchen" room's stove started to not work from the 3rd day of our trip. We complained to the office and they said there is nothing they can do to fix it. We asked if we can use another room's kitchen but he said there is no vacant room. So he did not even say he was sorry that we could not eat, but he just said to us "things happen". So we ended up buying dinner at our own expense. The guy at the office said he will speak to the manager about compensating us for dinner, but the manager never contacted us.

I mean I understand that we misunderstood how many rooms they have and the stove's problem wasn't their fault. However, we were just really upset at how they treated us. Every time we had a problem, they never said they were sorry and they looked like they didn't really care. Their attitudes really made us to feel upset and never wanting to go back there.

So I suggest that you find other resorts because obviously there are lots of resorts around the beach. Do not go here!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank Wish901
Reviewed August 27, 2010

There were many conflicting reviews here but we were very happy at the Wave Inn, all the hotels in Montauk are priced the same and some quite higher, A Wave Inn's location, one block from the beach and within walking distance to every bar and restaurant in town was perfect, who wants to drink and drive? The room was clean, having a fridge and microwave was great. The staff was quite accomodating and could not be nicer. We would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple