“Great place to stay in Montauk” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Beach Plum Resort
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
New York City
“Great place to stay in Montauk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

A last minute cancellation got us into the Beach Plum Resort for 3 nights. A lot of good things to say about it... all of the staff is terrific--sweet, friendly, helpful--from the manager to the people servicing the rooms. These are individually owned units, so it's the luck of the draw, but 24 is an upper-level studio that was spotless and looked like it was completely redone. The only drawback was a hard, old mattress on the bed. This was too bad because otherwise it's a great place to stay. Each upper room looks out to the ocean from a sliding door terrace. Ours had only two chaises; we missed the bistro table and chairs that other units had in addition. The grounds are nice and clean, and the pool was also spotless. The location is great; town is walkable if you choose. Apparently there is new management here, so it should only get better. All in all, a great option. The only other negative was some very noisy, rude girls next door who thought it would be ok to yell and and laugh and scream at 2am... Hey, it happens.

Room Tip: Go for the upper level so you can see the ocean, besides hearing it!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank caribou54
BeachPlumMontauk, Public Relations Manager at Beach Plum Resort, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the feedback and are glad you have such great memories from your stay with us. As you’ve highlighted, the outdoor balconies offer some breathtaking ocean views! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Definitely coming back here again! As I pulled into the resort's driveway not knowing what the place would look like, my girlfriend and I both said "wow the place looks a lot nicer than the photos on tripadvisor and the resort's website"! There was plenty of parking in the afternoon(though it did get full in the evenings) to check in. The girls at the front desk were very friendly and it took 30 seconds to sign some paperwork and grab the keys. We got keys to unit 7 and as we walked to the main door behind the resort, we saw bbq grills, tables, and wooden beach chairs. A big plus for a family or groups who want to use the area for an afternoon meal. The door opened into the master bedroom with a very comfortable bed...i slept like a baby. The living room had a full sofa, table, small tv, etc along with a giant sliding door that faced the ocean. I believe every room on the ground floor has a sliding door that faces the ocean for easy in and out, but you still want to have one person exit through the back so you can lock the sliding door. The cleaning staff left plenty of towels and toilet paper so that was never a problem. Wifi worked without a hitch. There was plenty of kitchenware to do some light cooking for anyone who wants to cook a meal at home, though this isn't necessary since the town is minutes away.

The beach is located just across the street. It's a 5 minute walk because you do need to walk through a downhill trail which leads to a very quiet and gorgeous beach. You can see the super crowded ditch plains beach to the east and could walk to the Sloppy Tuna is that's more your thing. I preferred the quiet and spacious area right in front of the resort. We had room to throw a frisbee around without worrying about hitting people. If you have young kids, I don't think this is the best beach for them. The waves were brutal and some were about 8 feet tall. My girlfriend and I tried to boogey board for a short while, but after being dragged under the current over and over we decided to give it a break. As long as you don't venture out too far, the waves are not an issue.

If you decide to stay here, talk to Keith! He booked my reservation and sent me e-mail confirmations within minutes of hanging up the phone. He even called me once to let me know that another day had opened up and offered a discounted price if I was interested in an extra day. The day after I returned from Montauk, he gave me a courtesy call to see if I had enjoyed my stay since I did not get a chance to meet him in person during the stay. Now that's customer service!

Looking forward to returning soon and conquering the strong but wicked fun waves!

Room Tip: Unit 7 had working AC and a pullout sofa in the living room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank xk2xbladerx
Dear Guest,

Your kind words are greatly appreciated. It’s fantastic that you were able to take advantage of our premier location in Montauk. Spending a relaxing day on the beach and walking into town for a quick bite highlight just some of the benefits of our terrific location! We look forward to having you back.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We have been staying at the beach Plum for over 14 years, it is always clean and easy.
When we arrive the staff is great! Our room is always clean early. Easy walk across the street to the beach and the pool is always clean and ready to use.

Room Tip: The only suggestion I have is if you are sensitive to sound I would request the top floor because th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lonny18
Dear Guest,

We’re delighted to have you back! We hope the next 14 years are even more enjoyable than the last! We thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback and look forward to your return stay with us.

Oyster Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

It was our first trip to Montauk in too long. We were going with another couple and after some searching around on the internet found the Beach Plum. From the moment we called until the moment we left the whole experience was great. The office staff was so helpful! Since we had not been out in years, a lot has changed and they were great in giving us recommendations for new restaurants and things to do in the area. We were able to check in early and got two units that were right next to each other which worked out perfectly since our kids could play out on the lawn together. The distance into town was perfect and the beach is right across the street. I would recommend this place to anyone and plan on going back in the Fall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OwlHaveAnother
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay. Montauk always has something new and exciting to offer when coming out and we love sharing those ideas with our guests! We look forward to seeing you again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Just an amazing gracious staff that is understanding and workable. I am looking forward to getting out there!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nadia B
BeachPlumMontauk, Public Relations Manager at Beach Plum Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to ensure every guest feels just as satisfied as you have. We thank you for taking the time to review and we look forward to helping you in the future!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Originally booked through booking.com, and was guaranteed a rate of approx $500 for memorial day weekend. A few days later I got a call from Keith (hotel management) who said that booking.com listed an incorrect price and he would have to charge me slightly more. when I asked what "slightly more" meant, he told me the new total cost would be approx $900! I told him I was sorry that they had an internal error but that I was guaranteed that rate. He insisted that I pay more (I refused). I then called booking.com who informed me the the Beach Plum property is responsible for updating their listing and pricing and therefore the price is guaranteed! when I called Keith to inform him of booking.com informed me, he immediately backed down and claimed that he never asked me to pay full price. This is a lie. THAT SAID, we did very much enjoy our stay. The location of the hotel is wonderful, we were able to walk to town and the beach. The grounds were kept beautifully and we had a great experiance. One of the only downsides to our stay is that the walls/floors are paper thin and we could hear our upstairs neighbors thumping/walking back and forth until 3am. I know sometimes loud neighbors comes with the territory of staying in a motel-type property, but I do think that perhaps the rooms could use the installation of some sound muffling upgrades. All in all a good experiance, I would reco to a friend.

Room Tip: Rooms downstairs can be noisy; thin ceilings
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

What more could you ask for than being 200 yards from the Atlantic Ocean? At the Beach Plum we could laze around in the morning and make our own breakfast, chill our own drinks and grill our own dinner, walk or bike ride to shops and restaurants or arrange for a friendly taxi service. I am from Long Island and I think about the beach plum as a place to enjoy Montauk in all is natural beauty. Sitting outside the sliding doors you can hear the ocean as it hits the land, the pool is a nice addition. I liked the simplicity of well kept, clean rooms. I would visit again

Room Tip: Take a view of the ocean either in upper room or lower room where the view is not inhibited by trees...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends