WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Montauk
Long Beach, New York
“relaxing oceanfront visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

This was our fourth time here and we really enjoy the place. They have recently redone the kitchenettes and the resort is always clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. Nice place to stay!
Stacey and Greg

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2010

Booked a reservation in August for this upcoming long weekend (9/10-9/12). Called today to confirm and was told that my reservation was not for this weekend, but for next weekend (9/17-9/18). I have in my hands a confirmation from the hotel that I had to sign and return to them that has the appropriate dates listed on it. Was told by Vinnie and another receptionist that there's nothing they can do and that there are no rooms available even though I have a confirmation from them and an email stating that they received my signed and faxed confirmation back. Beware, even if you have a confirmation it doesn't mean you have a room. They ruined my long weekend vacation since there are no available rooms at any other hotel in Montauk.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank unsatisfiedSept2010
vinodsaggi, Manager at Ocean Surf Resort, responded to this review, April 6, 2011
I reviewed her claim but they forgot to mention the entire story. As a hotel we not only refunded all of their money, but we gave them a future credit to stay the same length of their stay on us Free for one year during the same off season.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

It's a motel that would be $35 a night in Kansas, but you're not in Kansas. Great views of the ocean, you're right on the beach. If you want to stay at a pretty clean, homey motel right on the beach on the eastern tip of Long Island, this is your place. Expect New York prices, though. It was quiet, I had no problems sleeping on the bed. There's a nice balcony overlooking the ocean. There's nothing wrong with this place other than the price, but I don't think there out of line with the area's generally inflated prices.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Govis76
East Northport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

cool comfortable rooms right on the beach
great views
great service
friendly staff
walking distance to town and restaurants
just great
delightful swimming pool
awesome beach front

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thornwood, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

If you want a relaxing stay in Montauk with the best views a great beach and the great service then Ocean Surk Motel is the place to stay. I have been coming here for over 5 years and I have stayed every where but the last 5 years I will only stay at the Ocean Surf Motel. To me and my family its the best place on earth to go from NY area without getting on a plane. I highly recommend it, the owners of the place are great!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

My fiance and I decided to make a very last minute trip down to the Hamptons. I booked our hotel on our way down and accidently booked the wrong place. We ended up paying $260 a night, which for the Hamptons I understand is reasonable but for the room it seemed a bit much. The location was perfect, right on the beach and walking distance to shops and eateries. Like I said, the room was nothing to brag about. It was very clean and even though the decor was outdated it is something I could deal with. The bed was very hard and the pillows were extremely lumpy. Thankfully I had brought my own. What was most disappointing was that no one ever came to clean our room or give us fresh towels. I had to go find them myself. Although no one cleaned our room, the couple there seemed very nice and accomodating. Despite the negatives, we still had a great time.

• Stayed August 2010
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

I stayed in this hotel with two girlfriends over Memorial Day weekend. I was a bit leery at first because it was one of the few hotels with availability on such short notice. I called Vinnie (the hotel owner) a few times and he was amazingly friendly over the phone. The first night we stayed in a second floor room with a balcony and view of the pool and ocean. The next night, we had to move to a 1st floor room with a patio and view of the pool-- both were nice, but we preferred the 1st floor room since our patio offered easy access to the pool (which is very clean and decently sized). The location is perfect... direct access to the beach and a 5 minute walk to the center of town, 5 minute drive from the train station. The rooms are basic and the furnishings are a bit dated but everything was extremely clean (the maids are always around cleaning and offering fresh towels or extra bath products). I've stayed in very luxe hotels but I didn't mind this place one bit-- for the price, you can't beat it. Plus Vinnie and his wife are two of the most wonderful, kind, helpful people I've encountered. They helped us with everything from dinner reservations (with discounts!) to nightlife to finding a taxi and their hospitality was definitely a major contributor to our overall comfort here. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for an affordable, convenient hotel in Montauk.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends