“the real montauk”

Ranked #8 of 114 Restaurants in Montauk
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed June 21, 2010

fish doesnt get fresher, open year round, the fish literaly comes in the back door from the fish market it is attached to! i love it when i see someone say the staff was rude, or they didnt like the other patrons. guess what, your not in the hamptons anymore, this is the real montauk. fisherman, and blue colored workers. sorry your used to it but nobody is gonna kiss your butt here. If your a relaxed person who smiles and takes the place for what it is, then you will get a big smile back and great service. my experience is i always get greeted coming and going. And i don't even know the owner or the staff, im just someone who isnt a snob, and i guess it shows. Great food, great beer, and real people. this is the dock. thank you George and the bartender, keep up the good work.

1  Thank lifesabeach1

Reviewed February 26, 2010

If you are in Montauk you MUST go to The Dock, it truly is my favorite restaurant in town. Great locals and great food. I always get the nachos no matter what- they are truly something to smile about. The people that say it's not friendly were probably talking on their cell phone and being obnoxious. My fiance has been going here his whole life and it's always been the same, there are few constants in life so it's nice to know The Dock is always there and hasn't changed.

1  Thank elizabethdarlington
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I've been going to The Dock for 15 years at least. My old man and I have been known to stop in twice in one day on more than one occasion. Locals place and we like it that way. Says no cell phones on the coasters, a sign and on the front window. Deal with it. I'd definitely rather hear local banter than "we're here....(louder) we're HERE...oh REALLY" and "NO WAAAAYY." Just step outside! I've never had less than a great meal and the staff is super cool and nice to us even during the crazy busy summers. And after all this time I'm still finding new stuff hanging in and around the place that makes me absolutely crack up. GEORGE RULES!

1  Thank MissWeed
Reviewed November 27, 2009

The best resurant in The hamptons. True local flavor. No sceaming children.. no cell phones!! george Watson is a Genius! The dock is good all around. No worries about annoying customers. Professional owner and staff. Good place especially in Montauk. I f I owned a resturant.. I would modle Geoge Watson and his DOCK

2  Thank magikbroom71
Reviewed May 24, 2008

Proprietor was not customer-friendly. The food came in small portions and was tasteless. Montauk was such a lovely place and so beautiful. The other people we met there were very friendly. Too bad that The Dock left a "bad taste" in our mouths.

3  Thank dukecityplayer