“A Gem Near the Harbor”

Ranked #10 of 108 Restaurants in Montauk
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

What a great dinner tonight! We enjoyed the fried calamari! Delicious marinara sauce! My broiled flounder was sooo fresh! My husband loved his chowder and fresh tuna sandwich,,, great local vibe!!! Excellent service!

2  Thank rockythecat1

Reviewed November 7, 2013

They say, eat where the locals go and this is a great example. When we ate here it was full of local fisherman and others that all seemed to know each other. Decor is nautical funky, reminds me of Key West. Casual. No Hamptons hipster vibe. Service was friendly and food was good. Fun place.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed the Tuna Melt, Clam Chowda, Fishwich and lots of beer. Fund times, great food, nice service - highly recommend.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Heard that this was a great local establishment that frowns upon cell phones, unruly children and fools.

All true. Also true is that the welcome is warm, service is great and food is yummy. One of the best burgers I have had in a very long time. OK, the clam chowder was also good and fresh. And I really liked the steamed mussels.
Everything is freshly made and nicely seasoned. Good selection of beer and wine, too.

1  Thank noori_8
Reviewed October 27, 2013

If you're looking for a bar where the locals meet then by all means go. Not for us. It's a bar, plain and simple. We felt out of place and not what we were looking for to have a quick lunch. Menu was very limited - ended up having an artichoke and oyster bisque soup which was okay. It was a cold, raw day and we were really looking forward to having clam chowder, but we were informed by the waitress it was Manhattan style. My husband asked for some bread and we were charged a dollar for four pieces. The place is rustic and funky with the signage and humor but it felt dirty to me. I am puzzled by the great reviews from others.

1  Thank HKC1010