“Good choice for healthy fair”
Review of Joni's

Joni's
Ranked #14 of 106 Restaurants in Montauk
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
West Orange, New Jersey
“Good choice for healthy fair”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

It is a real natural foods restaurant establishment that has quite a variety to chose from - totally laid back, kind of hippyish, good smoothies, breakfast warps, waffles, etc. Eat somewhat together with others at communal tables. Very cool.

• Visited May 2013

NY
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

As a gluten free vegan it is difficult at times to find food..that being said lunch at Joni's was excellent...I had the Budda burger on salad and loved it... My companion who is not vegan found something on the menu to his liking..the atmosphere is lovely..wish they were open all day..

My only issue is that they were disorganized with delivering of the food ..there was no protocol...you could stand and wait or sit down either outside and they would shout out food orders when idone ..a bit odd... sometimes customers heard and not...also very sunny day ...they had cans of soda and other beverages in their front window baking in the sun... At one point the chef started moving to fridge..all in all would definitely return!

• Visited September 2012
Nanuet, New York
“Spotty but good”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My wife and I like going to Joni's. But it's not consistent. We like the comfy decor. Big wide table with big seats and nice flowers. Nothing special but simple nice. We like the stools looking out the window and the tables outdoor. We like that it is usually busy.
The first day I ordered the Buddha Burger which tasted excellent. My wife ordered the breakfast wrap on a whole wheat wrap. It showed in a flour wrap. The women argued that that's what my wife ordered. She always has whole wheat. The women actually went into the garbage to look at the receipt. which confirmed my wife's was correct. (Kind of tacky) Her wrap was good but kind of small for the price and how much was in it.
The next day we went back because my burger was so good she wanted the Buddha burger for herself. When my wife's burger showed up it was not on the 7 grain roll that was advertised and tasted so good. The women told my wife they were out of it. Well that's fine but how about telling us when we ordered it? She also forgot the tahini sauce. My coffee the day before was tasty and hot but the next day it was cold. My “Curry Up” wrap was good but could have been a lot better if the mango chutney was spread out through the wrap and not just put in one spot.
Oh, and the first day I picked up my order and had to convince the women I hadn’t paid. Not a bad thing but kind of funny.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Martin B
Melville, New York
“A Little Different...”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Joni's is a great spot to grab a quick breakfast or lunch. They have a great selection of interesting/healthy food items, drinks including a large menu of smoothies. The quality is excellent. Try the whole wheat waffle with strawberry butter. This place gets very busy at peak times, so best to visit off peak, otherwise you risk waiting upwards of 20 minutes for your food. There is very little inside space to eat, so plan on taking out or using one of the small picnic tables directly outside. The occasional celeb spotting is also a plus.

• Visited August 2012
MidWest
“Great Breakfast; Blah Lunch”
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Egg breakfast wraps were delicious, filling and healthy (perfectly made and grilled, no microwaving). The smoothies and juices were also terrific. My friends and I all LOVED breakfast so much that we went back for lunch. We all found the veggie burgers and salads to be disappointing. The inside atmosphere seemed like it was attempting to be cute, but didn't quite make it. I'd recommend picking up your breakfast wrap (easy to eat) and smoothie and heading for the beach.

1 Thank ICanBeCritical