“Spotty but good”

Joni's
Ranked #3 of 6 Dessert in Montauk
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Nanuet, New York
“Spotty but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

My wife and I like going to Joni's. But it's not consistent. We like the comfy decor. Big wide table with big seats and nice flowers. Nothing special but simple nice. We like the stools looking out the window and the tables outdoor. We like that it is usually busy.
The first day I ordered the Buddha Burger which tasted excellent. My wife ordered the breakfast wrap on a whole wheat wrap. It showed in a flour wrap. The women argued that that's what my wife ordered. She always has whole wheat. The women actually went into the garbage to look at the receipt. which confirmed my wife's was correct. (Kind of tacky) Her wrap was good but kind of small for the price and how much was in it.
The next day we went back because my burger was so good she wanted the Buddha burger for herself. When my wife's burger showed up it was not on the 7 grain roll that was advertised and tasted so good. The women told my wife they were out of it. Well that's fine but how about telling us when we ordered it? She also forgot the tahini sauce. My coffee the day before was tasty and hot but the next day it was cold. My “Curry Up” wrap was good but could have been a lot better if the mango chutney was spread out through the wrap and not just put in one spot.
Oh, and the first day I picked up my order and had to convince the women I hadn’t paid. Not a bad thing but kind of funny.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Martin B

Melville, New York
“A Little Different...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Joni's is a great spot to grab a quick breakfast or lunch. They have a great selection of interesting/healthy food items, drinks including a large menu of smoothies. The quality is excellent. Try the whole wheat waffle with strawberry butter. This place gets very busy at peak times, so best to visit off peak, otherwise you risk waiting upwards of 20 minutes for your food. There is very little inside space to eat, so plan on taking out or using one of the small picnic tables directly outside. The occasional celeb spotting is also a plus.

• Visited August 2012
MidWest
“Great Breakfast; Blah Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Egg breakfast wraps were delicious, filling and healthy (perfectly made and grilled, no microwaving). The smoothies and juices were also terrific. My friends and I all LOVED breakfast so much that we went back for lunch. We all found the veggie burgers and salads to be disappointing. The inside atmosphere seemed like it was attempting to be cute, but didn't quite make it. I'd recommend picking up your breakfast wrap (easy to eat) and smoothie and heading for the beach.

1 Thank ICanBeCritical
ny
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is a don't miss in Montauk. If there is a wait, stay in the line! The breakfast is amazing (and we went three mornings in a row). Organic, fresh, handmade and SO many options!

Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“excellent breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Wraps are great and coffee really good. Service is fast and efficient. Recommend for breakfast and lunch.

Visited August 2012