Review Highlights
Above Hoo Doo's, with great views

My wife and I walked daily through Shadmoor. Nice paths, most above Ocean. Great views of Hoo... read more

Reviewed September 18, 2018
Montauk123
New York City, New York
Amazing Views!

Hike up along the cliffs with paths that take you all the way to Ditch Plains Beach. The views are... read more

Reviewed September 10, 2018
emilymaehood
Long Island, New York

All reviews easy hike nice walk ditch plains flat trail state park cliffs bunker ocean beach stroll paths waves
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We loved this park. There are trails for hiking that are free. Just be careful of ticks. This area is well known for having lots of ticks. We loved the hike overall. It is a great family activity.

Date of experience: August 2013
2  Thank preciousness22
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Beautiful place for a jog though you must have careful footing. High up on the sea cliffs offer outstanding views of the ocean.

Date of experience: November 2013
1  Thank dance101
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I hiked here twice I liked it so much; you get a great view of the ocean and surfers from the bluffs above and it was so quiet that I only saw two other hikers the second time I went.

Date of experience: October 2013
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I hiked here with our little girls. The view is simply spectacular. You start at the cliffs and end up on a pristine beach with pounding surf and silk sand. The trail runs by some old cold war bunkers, which are actually pretty cool to see. Some of the best beach hiking I've ever done.

Date of experience: September 2013
1  Thank E S
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Beautiful views, makes you feel like a kid again... running through the brush and coming across the old bunkers. Just don't go during high tick season and you'll be fine.

NOTE TO TOURISTS: Pick up after yourselves. Leave beautiful places like this in better condition than you found it in... not worse!

Date of experience: June 2013