Review Highlights
Quiet in the off season

The rocks on this beach are so beautiful. I went here over Memorial Day weekend and the week after... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
travelswithkids5555
Chicago, Illinois
Beautiful sunsets

Gin Beach is a quiet beach with beautiful views of the sunset. The water is calm and clean. It is a... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
katmole
Long Island, New York

All reviews great for kids watch the boats food truck inlet sunset pebbles
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2015

Great little beach just off the inlet where the water gets a bit rough from the boat traffic. There's bathrooms and a food truck. You could walk the jetty from this beach.

Date of experience: September 2015
3  Thank NYCHRIS
Reviewed September 4, 2015

At gin you are in another world! The constant marine life is abundant great for snorkeling and if you want to sit on your chair you won't be bored! The boats come out the inlet and turn right toward open water! It is a never ending movie to sit and watch boat after boat heading out ! All shapes all sizes ! Simply marvelous Montauk I was in my glory! Love gin beach forever!

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed August 31, 2015

We've been going to MTK for 35 + years, mainly on the ocean side.
Now that were just a bit older, we sometimes go to Gin Beach for break form the crowds and the craziness on the ocean.

The beach is a bit rocky so if you have water shoe's, bring them.
The water is beautiful - clean and very clam.
Great for the kids, where you don't have to watch them every second plus -
its great for the ladies who don't like the crashing waves - like my wife.

Its a great beach, watch the boats in / out of the inlet and, you can walk for miles
if you want.

PS - bathroom facilities are available in the parking lot (and a hot dog truck too)

Enjoy !!

Date of experience: August 2015
3  Thank Joe C
Reviewed August 11, 2015

Calmer waters than the Atlantic (south) side of Montauk. Good for kids, especially younger ones. There is RV camping available further down the beach. Be mindful about having a parking pass- I saw enforcement come by pretty early (before 9am).

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I went to this beach because of the good reviews I read here but didn't love it. I have 2 small kids and even though we had Keens, they really needed water slip ins instead. I did notice the posts about the parking permit but forgot so we got a parking ticket for $150 and we had 2 cars there. Not a great experience.

Date of experience: August 2014