Open today: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
So much fun

Very nice. Highly recommended. Fun for all ages. Make sure to ask them not to give you a lazy... read more

Reviewed July 8, 2018
lillyrose212
New York City, New York
via mobile
A Piece of History

Go look at the pictures and imagine what it must have been like when the Rough Riders rode out to... read more

Reviewed March 5, 2018
jstc50
Amagansett, New York

All reviews nice ride all ages horses riders guide woods kate beach deer ocean
Selected filters
Reviewed September 22, 2017

Went with family had a fun time Horse wanted to roll in sand. Go everytime we are out there. Different levels of ability.

Reviewed August 22, 2017

We had one of my best ever riding experiences galloping down the dunes. So much fun! If you can ride well and gallop you will never forget this.

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank mytravelwizards
Reviewed August 14, 2017

I drove down to LI from the Buffalo area to spend time with my 23 year old daughter. We enjoyed a horseback trail ride to the beach from Deep Hollow Ranch. Our guide Ben was friendly and the horses were well behaved as we rode. Ben kindly took photos with our phones when we reached the beach! We trotted several times making the ride even more exciting.

1  Thank LindaB14032
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Went on the 5 pm 1.5 hour beach ride. Well worth it. Saw lots of nature, fox,turkey, deer. Went down to the ocean on a deserted private beach. Horses were well behaved and looked like they were well taken care of. Staff was friendly and seemed knowledgeable. Would recommend if you like trail ridding. One of the few places the let you trot a bit.

Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

I ride weekly but my husband hasn't been on a horse in years. We both enjoyed the ride - definitely take the ride to the beach. Nice walk in the woods to a quiet bay. Some reviews said they didn't ride on the beach, but we did --not much, just a look around, but it takes awhile to get there. Our guide was an experienced rider, but she was fairly new to the ranch and we actually took wrong turn to the beach and had to turn around to get back to the right trail. That was my only difficulty riding - Joey, my horse liked a very loose rein but I naturally wanted to tighten them more than he liked, which annoyed him a little. My husband had Marino - he was a bit naughty and kept stopping for grass so my husband had to put in a little more effort than I did, but he still enjoyed it! We did trot because my husband felt okay to do so. I haven't done Western riding in years; the saddle didn't bother me but the stirrups were big and bulky. I did a rising trot because it felt more natural - our guide did also. There was no cantering/galloping and anyone who expected this does not know how to ride - you can't canter on a narrow trail or a rocky beach! By the way, definitely wear jeans, not shorts because the trail is through brush and your legs will get scraped. I was surprised that helmets are not mandatory. Many of them were bike helmets and I had to try a few on before I found one that felt comfortable, but it got the job done. The horses look well taken care of and from what our guide told me they get the normal amount of riding time and paddock time. It was a wonderful ride and I definitely recommend it!

Date of experience: June 2017