“love those waves”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“love those waves”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The beach is a great area to enjoy fireworks at the 4th of July celebration. The place to be to enjoy the sand and the waves, especially if you love to body surf.

Visited September 2012

New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great local beach”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Kirk Park Beach is tucked just behind the main drag in Montauk, but feels a miliion miles away. The parking lot has fairly ample parking, and it's just a short walk over the dunes to the beach. The beach is uncrowded, has lifeguards, and is very clean. Rest rooms and a snack shack are available in the parking area. You can even walk into the IGA, just across from the dunes.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Lauren717
Patchogue, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Lifeguard caution!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My family and I spent the day there Tuesday July 17th. You may feel safe with the lifeguards there, but they were no help when we needed them..they were too busy chatting and " hanging out". My 19 year old son has an orthopedic disability..and was at the waters edge with my 5 year old grandson. A large wave knocked my grandson down and began sweeping him out. My brave son grabbed him but then HE was in trouble. We yelled..whistled..waved..screamed..but no lifegaurd on the stand was even looking and we were directly in front of the stand! I ran in but my son is too big for me to drag out. It took bystanders to come to our aid. FINALLY the guards came up as we were assisting my son out with the nerve to ask.."what happened".. Really??? They are a disgrace! At Cupsogue beach and Smiths point those wonderful guards are on point in a flash! They know before YOU do that there's trouble..shame on those gaurds and swimmers BEWARE

Visited July 2012
4 Thank Soozeeqq
NY
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Spent days on this beach”
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Kirk park beach is big, guarded and clean. However, being on the Atlantic side of Montauk, rather than the LI Sound, the waves can be really big - a concern if you are with children. We always parked our beach blanket near the life guard station and would not reccomend swimming after the lifeguards go off duty - around 5:00 I believe. A plus is that there are bathrooms and showers at the Kirk Beach Parking lot - you don't have those amenities farther down the stretch. A note - Please DO NOT be one of those people who parks in the IGA supermarket parking lot to avoid paying the beach parking fee. The store and lot are very small - people who are there to shop often have to wait in line for a parking spot - because parking hogs have taken an illegal spot for the whole afternoon! From the Beach parking lot next door you can walk over to IGA for inexpensive beach umbrellas, boogie boards and snacks.

6 Thank OscarW.