“Wonderful get-away” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lenhart's Cottages
Hicksville, New York
“Wonderful get-away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband & I wanted to get away for a bit of rest & relaxation, before we enter into our busy [business] season. I had been coming out to Montauk for years & staying @ a place just east of Lenhart's. This year I got married & we got a dog & wanted a "pet" friendly place to stay. The other place I stayed @ did not allow dogs - but he did recommend Lenhart's as pet friendly. There were a few other places that were pet friendly, but after reviewing Lenhart's on the web, we chose to make reservations. We were arriving on a week day in the evening & I indicated to Ron [proprietor] we would be arriving late, around 10ish. He said that would not be a problem & asked me to call him when we were about 1/2 hr away. As it turned out we got a late start & then had an issue w/the bike rack & bikes that delayed us even more. I called Ron to alert him of our delay and he made arrangements for our later arrival. I was not sure what the accommodations would be like, as some of the reviews varied so. We very pleased when we entered the cottage. There were 2 bedrooms w/a nice size living room, fireplace, full kitchen, washer & dryer (quite rare to have that perk) a deck that had access off the master bedrm as well as the kitchen. There was A/C in the unit, but the weather was mid to hi 70's during the day & mid 50's ~ 60's in the evening, making it delightful to sleep w/the windows open & the ocean air flowing in. The next morning I went to the office to introduce myself & thank Ron for being so understanding w/our late arrival. He again indictaed it was not a problem & asked if there was anything he could do to make our stay more comfortable. We were there for 3 days/nights and it couldn't have been nicer. I didn't mind cooking meals & washing dishes looking out the large kitchen window @ the great view of the Atlantic Ocean. I'm fairly sure our dog enjoyed himself too, as he got the chance to do a lot of hiking & beach going w/us & played with some other dogs that were staying @ Lenhart's too. Only disappointment, was that the pool had already been closed for the season before we arrived :( but I'd definitely go back :)

Room Tip: These are cottages w/Kitchen. Basic utensiles & appliances. No DW & maid service does not...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Earth2Sea2Sky

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Oakdale, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

NO Wi-Fi to distract from the sound of the ocean waves, the night sky filled with stars, fresh air, clean rooms, a refreshing pool overlooking the Atlantic, and a perfect cottage getaway to escape from our hectic lives!
Thank you, Ron, for keeping this oasis going for so many years!
We just spent our 26th anniversary in Montauk, and happily returned to Lenharts. Simple, clean, and the perfect place to disconnect and re-connect!
Cannot recommend highly enough! Cannot wait to go back!
The Brauners
Oakdale, NY

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoeBrauner
Roslyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have been staying with my family at Lenhart's Cottages in Montauk for the past 12 years. The location is perfect, across from a quiet stretch of the beach, and the full service cottages provide a home away from home. The caretaker is friendly and "laid back" and always makes superb recommendations for dinner and entertainment. It is a child friendly atmosphere and my children have even developed friendships (as have I) with some of the people who return back each summer. We try to go out once in the fall and winter as well; there are working fireplaces and the units are fully heated (and air-conditioned). Looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: All cottages are lovely.When you make your reservation, they help you choose the one that meets your...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jadyn S
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I've been coming to lenharts for years now. The location cannot be beat. But if you're looking for hotel amenities and luxury you better look elsewhere. There's no shade, no working w-fi, towels and linens are old etc. The place could certainly use an update, just for the basics, but still the location is the best in montauk.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travel8queen
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

when we arrived we were so surprised by how chilled out the place was, great views and nicely hidden away from the busy town, it was perfect for us. room, pool and service was top notch
will definitely be back next summer

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank goproadvisor
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Four college roommates celebrating a B-I-G birthday (60!!) have been getting together each year for the past 10 summers and this year wanted to go someplace special. coming from various places we decided on Montauk. Having passed Lenhart's many times in my youth on family trips we reserved one of their cottages for 4 days in late June and could not have been happier! The one we had was very spacious, 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths, large kitchen - fully supplied - big dining area, living room, den, 2 floors, lots of windows, outdoor picnic table and small grill.
Directly across the road was the beautiful beach with a great view from our cottage of the ocean. Also a nice pool and lovely gardens.
Ron, the owner for 30 years, was very helpful both during the reservation process, when we arrived and during our stay. It is close enough to town, shops, the harbor, etc. but quiet, peaceful and secluded vs the hustle bustle of Montauk village proper. Right near Gurney's if you want to take advantage of the spa (which we did), you can cook your own meals or go into town. the view is gorgeous, the accomodations clean,spacious but simple. there were several pull out couches and the place could have accomodated twice as many people as we had. there are also cottages of various sizes for couples, families etc.
We were so happy we think we'll come back next year. thanks for a super time, Ron!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank stacy f
Sunnyside, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Just returned from 5 days in Montauk and stayed at Lenhart's for the first time. My host, Ron Lenhart, couldn't have been nicer. My cottage was just perfect for my little dog and I. The view was spectacular! Room was immaculate, with all the comforts of home. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo