“A Facelift”

Culloden House Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montauk
Culloden House Motel
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“A Facelift”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Had a wonderful day in Montauk. Stayed 1 night over and all that was available was a room with 2 beds. The price was fair for what we had. Location was good near Gosmans dock and the bay.
It was fairly clean but rundown. The blinds were dusty and hanging off the window. I never thought I would ever see on a trip, paint hanging off the walls, but here I did.
Some new paint and a thorough cleaning would improve any place 100%.
A overworked manager checked us in and was harsh and full of excuses. A nice place but needs a few improvements.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank TRAVELTEAMWITHIRENE

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We are still here at Culloden House getting ready to check out after a rainy weekend in Montuak. The room was a little run down, however, clean. A paint job and new carpet would improve the room's atmosphere. Maid service was good and the location is nice and convenient. I don't know if I would stay here again, but I am not totally disappointed with the stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank juliwww
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

This place was a motel. The owner proprietor was very nice. We had no issues so I can't address that. It was clean , no smells. Therewasafridge and stove sink small coffee pot ,microwave and dishes. Nothing fancy but convenient. The room we had was a queen. We had a decent closet and table w 2 chairs. There was free wi - fi. Which was a huge plus. Some places charge per day for that.

This place would be great for handicapped people in wheelchairs , everything seemed geared for this sort of visitor including a huge bathroom w bars and sink w nothing under it. The plumbing worked fine. The shower was good, clean.
All the decking looked brand new. There were front and back doors to each room. There was a communal back deck that I never saw anyone on. Good place to put your towels, coolers, bikes etc.

This was within walking distance to gosmans , which is on the bay side. You could walk to a quiet beach on the bay. Very beautiful.

This is not walking distance to town or ocean.

All in all I would recommend as a clean comfortable safe and affordable montauk motel.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank marynicnyc
new york city
Reviewed July 12, 2012

With Montauk's transformation in the past four years the true town it was to many people is a tougher find. Culloden House though is what Montauk was and in places if you look, still is. Real walking distance to Gosman's, 5 minute cab ride into town, and right next to the north side beach. Two steps out the door of my room I could see the channel marker blinking.

The rooms are clean, the tv's small as well as the spotless bathroom stocked with clean, new towels. This isn't a posh resort but the perfect spot to crash after a long day fishing, stay the night before to hit the sunrise surf, or just have a place to put your head down after a long Montauk day.

More than one of the best values out there, Culloden House is a piece of Montauk that made it the town it is.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank nymike
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed there with some friends during 2011's Montauk Triathlon because the Harborside was booked out. It's clean, close to the beach. But a little bit of a walk (probably over 10 min) to where the restaurants are clustered. (By the way, West Lake Clam Chowder House, best fish sandwich ever had, so fresh, and the staff/owner are awesome. We went there for dinner 2 nights in a row, highly recommend). Harborside motel and the Snug Harbor is within shorter walking distance to those restaurants. We all in all had a good stay. The only problem is the thin wall. I had to be in bed by 9:30 to be up early for the triathlon, and I forgot my ear plugs, I could hear upstairs walking around, and probably got 5hours of sleep total. I also needed a refund because they made a mistake in the room rates. I read reviews before that people had problems with that, I had to be very tactic about it - They were the most co-operative about that. But truth be told, I got my re-fund without any problem.

Room Tip: Maybe upstairs room be better for the noise.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I've been here two years in a row. It's a bit out of the way from the main beach and town, but it's quiet and close to the marina and shops and restaurants at Gosman's Dock. The rooms are simple and the blankets dated, but the most important thing is that it's clean. They have rooms with stoves and sinks if you're inclined to cook. TVs aren't big, but they have cable. It's definitely a great deal for the price particularly in Montauk in the summer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank leeinnyc84
Southbury, Connecticut
Reviewed August 6, 2011

After reading some good reviews on this motel, my husband and I decided to give it a try. It was a pleasant surprise. Like much of Montauk which is pricey and run down, The Culloden was clean, up to date and well maintained inside and out. We hope to return soon.

Room Tip: #25 in The Soundviewer
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple