“Great atmosphere!”
Review of Gosman's Dock

Gosman's Dock
Ranked #4 of 23 things to do in Montauk
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We sat outside and had an amazing view of the harbour. Menu had a great range of food and I opted for fish and chips which tasted great! Staff were more than helpful and food came very quick after being ordered! This was a surprise considering how busy the restaurant was! Instead of ordering dessert, we took a walk around the nearby shops after. Some nice shops here although they are slightly expensive. I recommend that any sounvenir shopping is left to shops in the town centre (Whites is very good!). We got ice cream in the Ben & Jerrys shop near Gosmans. Queue was out the door here but ice cream was yum!

All reviews
"lovely spot"
"new england"
"laid back"

Reviewed July 23, 2013

There is one main restaurant on the dock that has really is so expensive for basic seafood. Outside there are different takeout booths of seafood takeaway. It really was awful food and seagulls that dive bomb your table to grab the food off your plate. Then it takes you forever to drive out of montauk with all the traffic. Would not bother going to montauk!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Ate at the Topside restaurant which has a glorious deck and view of the water. The food was a bit disappointing for me. I ordered a salad with grilled chicken since I didn't want the seafood that most people would order. The chicken wasn't fully cooked and it seemed like they par boiled it and then put it on the grill for only 30 seconds. So it looked white, which one would assume was fully cooked but the texture seemed weird so rather than just eat it, I cut into a few pieces and my husband agreed, it was undercooked. I didn't bother to complain since our waitress was so attentive, I didn't want to make a fuss. But I probably wouldn't eat there again. On the positive side, the others in my group seemed to be ok with their seafood. And again, the location is great and there are shops there to stroll through. Just don't order "grilled" chicken!

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by a local from a shop at Montauk. The food was ok. The view is very nice from where we sat. Excellent time to come around sunset. Took plenty of photos of that by the dock. Nice, clean place. Staff was friendly but were very rushed due to many patrons coming in. Otherwise, a good experience.