“STAY AWAY”

Ranked #13 of 111 Restaurants in Montauk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Previously located at Westlake Marina, The Clam & Chowder House is now located at Salivar's Dock. We have two full bars, indoor and outdoor seating, a rooftop bar with an amazing view of the harbor with live music in season Thursday-Saturday, a full sushi bar, and the freshest seafood around!
Reviewed August 30, 2012

STAY AWAY. If you are thinking of going to this restaurant, please reconsider, especially on the busy Labor Day weekend. I cannot recall having spent over $100 and having such bad meals. Most of our meals, after a long wait for our food, came out cold. In particular, I ordered $29 scallops that were room temperature. I told the waitress and said I was unhappy, but she said she we would send it back. The scallops came back extremely hot and the sauce on top of them was inedible given how overheated it was, and the cole slaw in the middle was too warm. I took one bite and could not eat the rest (and I love scallops). I told the waitress and she said she was so busy. The restaurant charged us for the meal and the owner basically said said so what, it was one bad meal and they had lots of happy customers. However, it was not just my meal. My son's meal of chicken parm had come out cold as well, but he was too hungry for us to send it back. My daughters' had ordered a medium well hamburger that came out very pink in the middle and had to be sent back as well. The burger was not great according to my daughter. We very rarely send back meals and we are still shaking our head about this poor restaurant - I never had a restaurant to my it is not their fault they are too busy (more like understaffed given there was no wait).

1  Thank Lisa S

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is our second visit. As with the first the wait was longer than the promised 45 minutes. This time though we sat inside instead of outside. The noise level was like a school cafeteria, not helped by a table of 5 women with three unruly boys of about 7 years old. A patron finally told them to behave! That being said the food is good. We had grilled swordfish, seared scallops and steak. All tasty and well cooked. Service is spot on despite being late in the season. So I would say go, be prepared for a wait and wait to sit outside.

Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

We walked from our marina, food was as promised, very good, 4 of us were here on a fishing trip with friends on our friends boat, was my 1st time to Montauk marina. I had the yellow fin tuna blackened as well as my friend, my brother in law and our other friend had the fish & chips (locally caught fresh flounder) they raved about it, also enjoyed Manhattan clam chowder & little neck clams, really enjoyed it all, nice atmosphere, good scenery. You won't be dissatisfied. Enjoy everything was fresh.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Loves the sushi, the clam chowder and the blackened tuna. The wedge salad was just an "eh" (a creative idea - it came with a few slices of watermelon - that just did not work with the salad dressing they chose). And the pina colada I ordered was not good at all. Expensive mistakes (the drink and the salad were over $20 together), but the rest of the meal more than made up for it. Go early if you don't want to wait.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

It's a little off the beaten path, but worth going to. It's right off the fishing dock so it has the freshest seafood ever, greatest clam chowder and awesome sushi - don't miss out on this gem of a place.