“Decent Prices, Decent Food”

Gosman's Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 107 Restaurants in Montauk
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Thank you for an amazing season together. We will be re-opening on May 1st 2016 ------ Gosman's Restaurant, located on the edge of the Montauk Harbor, has the best seafood this side of the Mississippi with incredible views to match. We are Montauk's favorite seafood restaurant serving up the freshest seafood around. We have our very own fish market, so we're able to serve our seafood straight from boat to kitchen. Make sure to try one of our lobster dishes, they are pretty spectacular and we make them every which way possible. Soak up the good vibes and enjoy the beauty of the Montauk Harbor as you relax on our outdoor patio sipping an ice cold beer. We have breathtaking views that will help ease your stress away. Gosman's Dock Restaurant is a great place to celebrate any occasion. We offer a variety of options and different packages to accommodate the different parties and gatherings here in Montauk. We take pride in serving the best seafood this side of the Mississippi and can't wait for you to join us for lunch, dinner, drinks and a scenic view to remember.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I recently had a good experience at Gosman's. This was my first time dining here and I tried the lobster special. This was my first lobster and the waitress boasted that this was the place to try it! Overall, good food at a great price. The only complaint was that the waitress did not tell us that the refills on soda were not free. I should have asked but every other place I had been to in Montauk did not charge!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

You can't go to Montauk without eating at Gosman's. Nothing quite like eating steamers and lobster (all I ever order here) and watching the boats come in on the bay. Get a table outside.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Accidentally showed up on Lobster special nite and had a delicious whole 1 1/2 lb lobster plus fries, coleslaw & corn on cob. The special was a great value at about $24

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We had dinner here on a Sunday evening. The only difference between my husband's sea scallops and my fluke was consistency--they were both tasteless. Mine had what Gosman's calls a "burnt butter" sauce; it just tasted burnt. The scallops were overcooked, and the fluke, although available locally, was either frozen or overcooked. Both entrees were around $28. We're NYers, so that's not pricey for dinner, but the food is awful

Our appetizer, crab cakes, had one part crab to four parts of what tasted like bread stuffing.

At these prices, you would expect a cloth napkin but instead there are tacky paper placemats and napkins.

The dining room staff is so segregated, we thought we were in colonial-era Jamaica. The waitresses are all white, and every single member of the bus staff--who clean the tables and deliver the food--were black women. The waitress was curt.

California wines consist of a series of fruit bombs. To the waitress's credit, she did replace my husband's awful Cabernet, although not without a snide comment that it was a CALIFORNIA Cabernet--whatever that means. My Pinot Grigio was just okay.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

So I went to Gosman's after various recommendations from friends and random locals. And everyone said Topside! So there we went. The little Gosman's "area" is quaint with little shops and their restaurants. We went up to the "topside" where the view was just simply gorgeous no matter which way your chair is facing. We were 2 couples. 2 of us ordered salads, the other 2 ordered little neck clams, crab cake and tuna tatare. Everything was good. Nothing mind blowing or original, but it was good. However what tainted our experience was the lack luster service. Our waiter was clearly hungover...sunglasses, barely spoke, not rude, but not friendly...barely existing I would say..he simply didnt give a s&*t. He and his colleagues apparently dont get real breaks because they were all eating at the counter standing and were annoyed if we were trying to get their attention.
So, would I recommend this place...sure. So i guess this is more of a warning that dont expect a mind blowing meal and service, you are mainly paying for the view, so if you are warned you wouldnt be as disappointed as we were...and hopefully the owner reads these things, because I wouldnt want my wait staff to have this reputation and do something about it.
Bon appétit!