“Great fresh seafood, large portions”

Harvest on Fort Pond
Ranked #1 of 106 Restaurants in Montauk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
New York, NY
“Great fresh seafood, large portions”
Reviewed August 14, 2007

The locals raved about this restaurant and they are right.
I showed up without a reservation and was seated quickly at one of the outdoor tables. The service was prompt and cheerful. I ordered the Swordfish and it was served hot with fresh herbs. I will definitely return to this restaurant. Afterwards I went to Belly's the local snow cone stand on route 27 and had one of their ices, totally delicious. A real treat.

1 Thank Palatyne

Manhattan, NY
“Not what I expected!”
Reviewed September 4, 2006

My wife and I went to this restaurant with high hopes of a delicious Italian meal. We are by no means food snobs but have been to enough good Italian restaurants to know good Italian food.

First off, the portions are insane. They do warn you the food is large family style portions to be shared but why have tables for 2 when the smallest portion you can order easily serve 4 people?

We started off with crispy goat cheese and grilled portabello salad. Maybe it was just us but this salad was far from enjoyable. Big pieces of cold, almost rubbery portabello, placed on top of some kind of fruit puree, buried under a a huge pile of greens. The fried goat cheese was the saving grace of that salad because that was at least pretty tasty.

Next, onto a GIGANTIC plate of garlic shrimp pasta as our main course. (again, an incomprehensible amount of food to serve to 2 people. It just didn't make sense. A table of 8 people next to us looked satisfied with 2 orders of the pasta shared between them all) Let me put it this way, I would have expected pasta of this quality at a local Manhattan diner, not a trendy Montauk restaurant. The pasta was overcooked and limp. It was a tomato based sauce with garlic but this unbalanced sauce tasted like garlic and nothing more. We hoped for a little bit of creativity with this garlic sauce but none was delivered here. Overpowering garlic drowing out all other flavors.

We couldn't even think about desert considering we know the portions... So in the end, we left unsatisfied and with a good couple pounds of pasta in a to-go container.

All I can say was this was the worst meal of our Montauk trip and we left wondering what all the hype is about!?!?

3 Thank LivinInNYC
A TripAdvisor Member
“Don't miss!”
Reviewed November 8, 2005

Our group of four had a wonderful dinner at Harvest and I do think it is the best restaurant in Montauk.The restaurant serves it's food "family style",so the "huge" portions are really meant for two people and the prices (avg.$32-$38 per entree)reflect that.You won't be disappointed!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lake Grove, New York
“EXCELLENT !!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2005

WHAT A TREAT !!!!!

Every time we go to Montauk, we go to the Harvest. This is one of the best restaurants we have ever eaten in !!!!!! The only problem is getting reservations you have to call one week before and call as soon as they take reservations . If your calling an hour after they start taking reservations you will not get a reservation for the time that you request. The food is far superior to other restaurants. From appetizers, I like the seafood appetizer with shrimp, clams, and scallops. You can die for this if you like seafood!!!!!! The salad with fried calamari is excellent alsol The pasta dishes are great, we love the one with shrimps. We look forward to eating at the Harvest every summer. The meat dishes are great but not as large as the pasta dishes. If you go you WILL enjoy the Harvest.

2 Thank sljLakeGrove_NewYork
A TripAdvisor Member
“Mmmmmmmmm............Montauk”
Reviewed June 22, 2004

Our small group of families has grown to over 15 families. For 16 years now, Montauk has been our home away from home, not a vacation spot. We've tasted plenty a dish, and Harvest, by far, receives the "10 step Stoop Award" from Brooklyn in my rating system. Stoops do not get much bigger than that and Harvest stands atop just like the biggest stoop on the block.
The generous portions are unheard of these days, the setting a pleasure, the service is top shelf and be you dressed or be you casual, you will enjoy this dining experience. The food is......well......beyond worded description. Your taste buds will have their best vacation ever. Look at the menu, but more importantly look around at the tables around you. As I said, the words on the menu cannot aptly describe what you will see and taste. Like a fish in the pond, once you eat here, you are hooked. One last thing, park your car down the road a bit, you will enjoy the walk back.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member