“Exciting menu selections, fresh food, relaxing atmosphere”
Review of The Coast - CLOSED

The Coast
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: American, contemporary, freestyle cuisine & Sushi Bar. Locally Harvested Seafood,with always a few Hearty Meat Dishes, Vegan & Vegetarian Menu Options as well.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The menu has something for everyone, from sushi, pasta, burgers and even pizza. The appetizers were irresistible and the food couldn't be fresher. It was difficult to make a choice when everything sounded so good. The food was presented beautifully and tasted even better. Be sure not to skip dessert. All the selections are made in house and absolutely devine. The servers were very attentive and knowledgeable. A great place for a romantic evening, girls night out or family dinner. If you're in Montauk this is a spot not to be missed. Enjoy!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Went here because the Harvest down the street was booked...big mistake! My son and I had the "special" Short Rib dinner...simply terrible. Will wait at the Harvest the next time.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Amazing sushi. My girlfriend had the tuna and loved it! We wished we made room for dessert but were full and promised to treat ourselves on a return visit. Above all, the service was impeccable. I can always tell how good the wait staff is when I see how they interact with different sorts of patrons. Our server was named Danielle. This young lady is very knowledgeable of everything they offer. She is very polite and goes that extra mile to make sure your visit is the best. The overall feel of the restaurant and service was professional, courteous, and high-class without feeling too stuffy. The food was absolutely delicious.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The food at the Coast is so wonderful. I had the Catch of the Day, which was not only an amazing blend of flavors, it was presented so beautifully. Our table had the Mussel appetizer which was possibly the best Mussels in white wine sauce I have ever had. (It was also a very generous portion!) I also tried tastes of my friends' meals - the lobster and brie mac-n-cheese and fish and chips. It was all so very good. Thankfully, we saved room for the homemade desserts because they were amazing! Every part of the meal was impressive and the waitstaff is kind and knowledgeable. I cannot wait to go back and would highly recommend this restaurant to all my friends and family!

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I really wanted to rave about this place, but unfortunately, I can't.

The food was just...ok.

It wasn't bad by any means, but it just wasn't great.

In their defense, we did not have sushi which was probably a mistake for us. We have heard their sushi was very good. But we just had sushi the night before.

I read about the lobster Mac and cheese. How delicious it was and how nice the portion was.

Well...I promise you, if there was a 1 cup serving on my plate, that was a lot.
Was it tasty...yes. Was there a lot of lobster in it...not even close, not one chunk honestly. Just tiny bits.

Perhaps they were running low or maybe it was just a bad night for them.

My friend had a tuna dish that had so many components to it and they did not go together well. Major fail...

Needless to say we both were very disappointed in our meals.

We gave it a shot...And we won't be back...