“Nothing Special...”

The Coast
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: American, contemporary, freestyle cuisine & Sushi Bar. Locally Harvested Seafood,with always a few Hearty Meat Dishes, Vegan & Vegetarian Menu Options as well.
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I really wanted to rave about this place, but unfortunately, I can't.

The food was just...ok.

It wasn't bad by any means, but it just wasn't great.

In their defense, we did not have sushi which was probably a mistake for us. We have heard their sushi was very good. But we just had sushi the night before.

I read about the lobster Mac and cheese. How delicious it was and how nice the portion was.

Well...I promise you, if there was a 1 cup serving on my plate, that was a lot.
Was it tasty...yes. Was there a lot of lobster in it...not even close, not one chunk honestly. Just tiny bits.

Perhaps they were running low or maybe it was just a bad night for them.

My friend had a tuna dish that had so many components to it and they did not go together well. Major fail...

Needless to say we both were very disappointed in our meals.

We gave it a shot...And we won't be back...

Reviewed August 6, 2013

nothing to rave about location or decor wise but terrific food, sushi and special salads were fantastic. Lobster mac and cheese was a highpoint as well

Reviewed July 10, 2013

What a nice surprise to our first visit to this restaurant. Great food, large portions. Hubby had scallop special in gazpacho reduction, we both had delicious spinach salads and soft shell crabs that were two huge crabs on a bed of risotto. Every taste delectable!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a little bit of everything kind of place--some sushi, some burgers, some other seafood dishes. I had the dozen clams followed by the pan roasted fish of the day. All was excellent--fresh and attractively plated. The portion of fish was just the right size and accompanied by healthy sides. I hadn't realized Luigi's was defunct. I'm sad to see it gone, because I have many happy memories of it, but this is a nice replacement.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great expectations for 19 coast burger I guess the prep cook did not get the memo to cook the bacon to order for the burgers someone pls tell him he,s not working at DQ anymore 72 dollars no apps no drinks two entrees . Told the waitress she said she would take the bacon omg are you kidding me 19 dollars for a hamburger and they charge u for bacon and its cooked like 10 hours ago . Note to owner fire the consultant who told u to charge for bacon and cheese