Royal Atlantic Beach Resorts
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Driftwood on the Ocean(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$169
$152
Surf Club Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$154
$134
Hero Beach Club(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$203
Montauk Blue Hotel(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$119
Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$152
Ocean Surf Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$189
$179
Kenny's Tipperary Inn(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$109
Beach Plum Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$139
Orbitz.com
$940
Montauk Manor(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$155
All reviewsocean frontoff seasonocean view roompool sidethe location is perfectwalking distance to townkitchenettesummerdeckpansbalconiesfishingumbrellas
FilterAll languages
Portwashington, NY 11050
Reviewed August 31, 2004

My family and I recently stayed at the Royal Atlantic for a week 7/15-7/22 and I have to say, we enjoyed it very much. Our room was very nice clean and overlooked the ocean.
We found the staff at the front desk very helpful, barbara told us of the hot spots for dinner, activities for the kids, and even where the fish were running, we cought a 38lb. bass right on the beach in front of the hotel - the kids had a blast.

Robin Patterson

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Eastchester, NY
Reviewed August 10, 2004

I have been going to the Royal Atlantic for years now. The hotel is very run down and there is no service to speak of. You can wait all day for your room to be cleaned up. My pillow smelled like perfume and cigarette smoke. The prices are high for this "lack of hotel".

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Flushing, New York
Reviewed April 29, 2004

My husband and I would take our children to The Royal Atlantic when they were young and were always very pleased with the rooms and service. So when my daughter wanted to get married in Montauk, we did not hesitate calling the Royal Atlantic to arrange to have 50 of our guest stay there. It came as no surprise that there was not one complaint. They said the rooms were clean, the views were wonderful and the staff courteous and helpful.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 24, 2004

I stayed at the Royal Atlantic for one night this past weekend. One good (really incredibly good) thing about this hotel is its location. Right on the beach and very close to town. Also, it had nice, big sliding glass doors, making the entire front of the room facing the ocean all windows. Wonderful. So what was so shameful about it? First, let's talk about the noise. We could hear people walking up and down the stairs and all around they're hotel room (above us) into the late night hours. The sound of their sliding glass door opening awakened me at 6 am. Something needs to be done. The place is very run down. The furniture is old (c. 1970?) and beat up. The bathroom was OK, but why on earth would they have us use disposable paper shower mats?? Especially in this day and age of recycling?? Everything needs to be updated, badly. The carpet on the balcony was very ratty. The steps leading from our balcony to the beach had what looked like dog feces on it, and they don't even allow pets. The beach (they have and fence-enclosed beach area right out front with chais lounges) was littered with debris. The hotel restaurant was still closed for the season, which was really no issue, but the garbage that was left all around the entrance to it was. How could they just let this formerly nice place get in this condition and just leave it that way? Enough money is paid by their customers (some of whom are life long and loyal) for improvements.

16  Thank baybay2001
Reviewed January 26, 2004

My Whole Family had been going to Montauk ever since i was born and every year we stayed here. it is right on the beach a short walk from town.